Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

20 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

How many times does J. Michael Robertson have to be wrong before people just laugh at his posts and not think, hey it's possible ......

I want what he says to be true, so I am willing to abandon all reason and thought.  

We're getting both!!!!!!  Probably!!!!!! Maybe!!!!!! Cmon...

There’s really no reason at all to get excited about any “done deal” tweet that isn’t Rosenthal, Morosi, or Heyman at this point. It’s possible that some random will break it a day early, but there are so many random weirdos trying to guess correctly to earn their 15 minutes of fame, that every tweet you see must be treated as 100% meaningless. We won’t know who had it right until it’s already done, so there’s nothing to gain from speculating on these guys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

There’s really no reason at all to get excited about any “done deal” tweet that isn’t Rosenthal, Morosi, or Heyman at this point. It’s possible that some random will break it a day early, but there are so many random weirdos trying to guess correctly to earn their 15 minutes of fame, that every tweet you see must be treated as 100% meaningless. We won’t know who had it right until it’s already done, so there’s nothing to gain from speculating on these guys. 

image.jpeg

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

It doesnt hurt either way. IF nothing happens then it doesnt hurt. If something does finally happen then its over with. Win win...

15 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Judging by this offseason, we'll get a "machado and white sox nearing a new deal" an then 4 months pass

The only reason I'm even giving this tweet the time of day is because of the guy's track record of breaking stuff and the report that Harper has decided on a team (which seemed like it wasn't the Phillies given their press conference today).

I don't think he's right, as if it were "done" like he insists, it would likely have been announced by now. It's just interesting to me is all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The only reason I'm even giving this tweet the time of day is because of the guy's track record of breaking stuff and the report that Harper has decided on a team (which seemed like it wasn't the Phillies given their press conference today).

I don't think he's right, as if it were "done" like he insists, it would likely have been announced by now. It's just interesting to me is all. 

I must have missed it, but who reported Harper has decided on a team?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres