Toronto (18-26) v. Chicago (21-23) - 5/19/19 - 1:10 PM

soxfan49

5 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

memorial day weekend is now a month apparently.  as if the troops don't get enough support every day.   sick of military shit in sports.

That and, in the world series for example, when there is that stand up to cancer moment where everyone is standing for a couple minutes. As Bill Burr once said, "there's a time and place for that." Like are we not aware already?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

That and, in the world series for example, when there is that stand up to cancer moment where everyone is standing for a couple minutes. As Bill Burr once said, "there's a time and place for that." Like are we not aware already?

I agree and I lost my dad to cancer way too early.  IT'S SPORTS!  The whole entire point of it for the fans is to get away from real world shit.  We don't constantly need reminders that life is hard outside the lines.

• Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I agree and I lost my dad to cancer way too early.  IT'S SPORTS!  The whole entire point of it for the fans is to get away from real world shit.  We don't constantly need reminders that life is hard outside the lines.

Yeah when I was watching the video where he made that comment, people were commenting that they lost close family members and hate that moment because they don't want to be reminded. We watch sports and movies for entertainment and to escape our problems for a moment.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

98 now but missed his spot by a foot.

Yup,it’s frustrating to see his stuff so good but no control over it. His offspeed stuff would have been killed by a better team already.

• bmags unpinned this topic