Colome remains with White Sox, who always had ample interest in him

Sockin

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

How does this make the Sox better? 

If you don't hold on to guys once in a while to get what you want, I don't think you end up with Moncada/Kopech/Basabe for Sale and Eloy/Cease for Q and Reylo/Giolito/Dunning for Eaton and Rutherford for Kahnle/Robertson/Frazier etc. etc.

Just now, GreenSox said:

The Sox are 10 pitchers short. Hahn hits on maybe 25% of the free agent pitchers he signs.  The only prospects close are injured, and there are only 2 of those. Position players are the least of the problems.

Your math doesnt make sense. If they carry 13 pitchers.

1. Giolito 

2. Cease 

3. Kopech

4. Colome

5. Bummer

6. Fry

7. Lopez 

8. Marshall

I see 6 possible spots.

With where this day and roster went I can't complain about Hahn holding this player. However, I have one passive-aggressive request.

Can we please retire the notion that it's smart to pay a substantial price for a reliever in the offseason because the price for them will be so much higher at the trade deadline? We heard that with both Colome and with Herrera. 

Guys value only goes up if they get better. If you pay a high price for the guy, you better want him on your roster. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

So Bumgarner, Wheeler and Castellanos is a collection of shit as well? Weird take,

Teams are incredibly risk averse today. Not many front offices willing to gamble anymore.

Did not realize all three of those guys are on the same team.  

My point is, no one wants our shitty players.  Yet we continue to piss away valuable  time to try other people out.   DFA everyone of those bums TODAY!

3 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

If you don't hold on to guys once in a while to get what you want, I don't think you end up with Moncada/Kopech/Basabe for Sale and Eloy/Cease for Q and Reylo/Giolito/Dunning for Eaton and Rutherford for Kahnle/Robertson/Frazier etc. etc.

I think we we are over-valuing Colome just a bit. 

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Truly pathetic.  This FO can fuck up a one car funeral.  

Yep can’t wait to hear the excuses. I love hearing they had no other veterans to trade, yet the reason is because Hahn is the worst at signing free agents to flip.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Truly pathetic.  This FO can fuck up a one car funeral.  

I really don't understand the animosity. If they couldn't get anything they couldn't get anything. Do you really think they were going to get anything for Jon Jay? Colome still has value. Dude is here for another season. Who else would they trade? Abreu wasn't going anywhere to statst with. You're delusional if you think he doesn't retire a white sock

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

So Bumgarner, Wheeler and Castellanos is a collection of shit as well? Weird take,

Teams are incredibly risk averse today. Not many front offices willing to gamble anymore.

Those 3 will at least get a QO and a draft pick for their teams.

Edit: Castellanos to Cubs

Edited by soxfan2014

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep can’t wait to hear the excuses. I love hearing they had no other veterans to trade, yet the reason is because Hahn is the worst at signing free agents to flip.

Who the hell else do they have other than Abreu and Jay? 

You've got Nova, a SP with an era over 5 and a washed up catcher in Castillo. Good luck with that.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

And isn’t that Hahn’s fault?

Um, no? They really shouldn't be sellers at this point in the rebuild. They did all their selling already. In fact, they probably should have bottom of the barrel fillers right now until the other guys get up. These are development years, not sell and tank years.

Did anyone really expect Alonso and Jay and Nova to do anything? They are purely placeholders. Thats it.

Edited by ScooterMcGee

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Um, no? They really shouldn't be sellers at this point in the rebuild. They did all their selling already. In fact, they probably should have bottom of the barrel fillers right now until the other guys get up. These are development years, not sell and tank years.

They’re going to end up around 68-70 wins this year. It’s still a tank year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

I’m going to wait for a Stoney tweet to tell me how to feel.  Not sure how anyone can sugarcoat the Sox actions today.

I'm sure teams were lining up for a declining Abreu, Welington Castillo, and Jon freakin Jay. Even if the Sox ate some salary.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1