***Day 2 MLB Draft Thread Rounds 3-10***

bmags

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

I wonder how much overslot this is here. I guess well see if the Sox punt any picks in the next few rounds.

Sox will almost certainly have to go overslot for one of or both of Thompson and Dalquist. Dalquist has the profile of a prospect that actually might make it as a starter in 3-5 years.

Thompson is an upside lottery ticket play who might gain strength and velocity. Both are players that could be first round talents in 3 years, great gets. 

3 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

I'm surprised Callihan is signable. I thought he would be going to school after he didn't go in the first.

I'm actually surprised as well. They may have to go substantially overslot to end up signing him. 

1 minute ago, GenericUserName said:

FG says the rumored ask from Dalquist was $2mil.

Sox definitely know HS players draft demands to select them this high. 

Holy crap, the Mets just selected Allan...his rumored asking price was $4 million!

Edited by steveno89
  • Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

If he's 2 million, 1.3 is a bit to make up. Gotta wonder if we got some from Vaughn and if Thompson was possibly underslot by 2-300k.

- Promise Vaughn he can replace Alonoso this year

- Save money on Thompson

Bada boom bada bing

Just now, bmags said:

If he's 2 million, 1.3 is a bit to make up. Gotta wonder if we got some from Vaughn and if Thompson was possibly underslot by 2-300k.

You figure the 5% overage gives us ~$500k, can probably get another $200k from going with senior signs the last two rounds. That gets us half way. $700k seems like a lot to have saved on the first 2 picks. We might not have much left.

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I'm surprised they'd spend a 3rd rounder on him if they weren't sure he was going to sign. 

$4 million asking price is sky high. They would have to majorly sacrifice the rest of the draft to meet that. 

• bmags unpinned this topic