GT Chicago vs Chicago, 6/19/19, 7:05 CT

soxfan49

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Nah, he is probably on the second commercial break of Walker, Texas Ranger and 1/2 down a bottle of scotch 

He prefers Smirnoff.

He had the best line for retirement I've ever heard. someone asked him what his plan was for retirement and he said, "my wrists and knees don't allow me to golf as much as I would like so my plan right now is to turn Smirnoff into urine."

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jake said:

The point about the umpire isn't that Lucas is secrely pitching great, it's that the umpire likely put two runs on the board by squeezing Lucas and perhaps kept runs off the board for Lester by giving him a giant strike zone

Yeah umpire has definitely saved Lester.

1 minute ago, Jake said:

The point about the umpire isn't that Lucas is secrely pitching great, it's that the umpire likely put two runs on the board by squeezing Lucas and perhaps kept runs off the board for Lester by giving him a giant strike zone

THANK YOU!!!!!!! This is and always had been my point. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, greg775 said:

Gio having a bad game but still whiffing tons of batters.

Modern baseball: Strike out or home run.

Let's change that. Strike out or HR is selfish baseball. Let's get on base, move runners over, steal, and hit HR when opportunity provides.

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

The Cubs had a gameplan tonight that you really don't see... they planned on sitting on the offspeed, namely the changeup on Giolito. Seems to have worked.

Yankees did the same and Gio/McCann planned mostly heaters and curveballs iirc. Maybe it was the KC game. Either way they got beat on their gameplan. It happens

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He's still missing bats so I'm not that worried about any long term issues. He got lit, ehich happens to the best of them. 

Yup. Not worried. Good pitchers have bad outings. There's been plenty of filth between the meatballs.

1 minute ago, Chisox378 said:

Let's change that. Strike out or HR is selfish baseball. Let's get on base, move runners over, steal, and hit HR when opportunity provides.

Yeah I hope Eloy, Anderson, Moncada and Robert stop hitting bombs. That bores me

3 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Gio having a bad game but still whiffing tons of batters.

Modern baseball: Strike out or home run.

Strikeouts are facist. Throw more groundballs, they're more democratic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Yup. Not worried. Good pitchers have bad outings. There's been plenty of filth between the meatballs.

Exactly. They've nailed all of his mistakes. The HR to Contreras wasn't even a bad pitch, he was just sitting changeup 

• Kyyle23 unpinned and locked this topic