ChiSox @ BoSox, 6/25, 6:10 CT, NSCH

soxfan49

14 minutes ago, whitesoxbrad said:

Wake up Sox fans, game after game we see nothing but horrible fundamentals, is it too much to ask for to be able to watch mlb players play like mlb players.

Haven't had good fundamentals since 2005 and 2012 and guess what Ozzie and Robin were mandating extra fielding practice / situational practice before games. Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

Regarding the game itself, bullpen is now cracking apart and looking like crap, Anderson now with 16 errors. Red Sox will sweep them tomorrow, Twins will probably bludgeon them and then the Sox can start taking offers to see what they can get for some guys.

You knew that with the pitching staff as decimated as it is this was going to happen sooner or later.

I guess it was fun while it lasted.

51 minutes ago, Eloy Jiménez said:

Does Abreu have any value?

Two prospects. One a Rutherford type (the Rutherford at the time we acquired him); the other somebody with the upside of say a Gio Gonzalez when he was decent. Both in the very early stages of their careers, let's say these guys are 19 or 20. As much as I worship Jose, teams probably aren't going to trade us Eloy types to get him.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

Probably the wise thing to do is DL him for a couple of weeks to let him recover 100%.   

Why? The wise thing to do is play him when he's healthy enough to come back. p.s. Where u been Caulfield? Were u put in the penalty box? We miss you and love Caulfield.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

If this organization doesn't improve the starting rotation this is going to be a perpetual rebuild.

Playing devil's advocate the organization could say, "Well guys can't keep dropping like flies...sooner or later we'll be healthy. Then you've got Giolito, Lopez, Dunning, Kopech, Rodon and Cease...that should be MORE than enough."

Of course it isn't but I'm just saying you can think the organization is going to use injuries as a convenient excuse to do nothing / very little this off season.

I hope they don't, I don't think they will but nothing is guaranteed with this bunch. They have a very strange sense of logic.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Playing devil's advocate the organization could say, "Well guys can't keep dropping like flies...sooner or later we'll be healthy. Then you've got Giolito, Lopez, Dunning, Kopech, Rodon and Cease...that should be MORE than enough."

Of course it isn't but I'm just saying you can think the organization is going to use injuries as a convenient excuse to do nothing / very little this off season.

I hope they don't, I don't think they will but nothing is guaranteed with this bunch. They have a very strange sense of logic.

You better not make comments or points like this . You might be called names on this board. 

10 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

You better not make comments or points like this . You might be called names on this board. 

Well I've been called things all my life from my Dad, to opponents to my wife sometimes (LOL). I think I can take it.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

Well I've been called things all my life from my Dad, to opponents to my wife sometimes (LOL). I think I can take it.

I  know. I was being a little facetious.  I agree with what you said. You never know with this bunch. I think they will spend this off season.   Just hope I'm not setting myself up for a let down. 

Reading these game-threads after the fact sure is a trip. It's like half of you have amnesia and are just discovering that the starting pitching is utter trash other than Giolito. Games like this are the norm when 4/5 of your rotation is flotsam. Expect plenty more of this the rest of the season when someone other than Gio is on the slate. There is nothing in Charlotte other than Cease and retreads like Detwiler.

This was always going to be another rebuilding season, especially after the TJ plague hit the pitching crop. Props to the folks in this thread who are level-headed and have quality contributions and make it fun to read despite the swell of shit-posts. You know who you are.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

Reading these game-threads after the fact sure is a trip. It's like half of you have amnesia and are just discovering that the starting pitching is utter trash other than Giolito. Games like this are the norm when 4/5 of your rotation is flotsam. Expect plenty more of this the rest of the season when someone other than Gio is on the slate. There is nothing in Charlotte other than Cease and retreads like Detwiler.

This was always going to be another rebuilding season, especially after the TJ plague hit the pitching crop. Props to the folks in this thread who are level-headed and have quality contributions and make it fun to read despite the swell of shit-posts. You know who you are.

I'm annoyed that Lopez sucks this year. After his final two months I finally bought in to him and he completely regressed. Most of his 2018 was smoke and mirrors, i finally buy into him and he just sucks now. Rodon being injured and Lopez sucking has completely destroyed any  chance this team had of a surprise WC run. They're going to have a really hard time stringing wins together with this group of starters. They're all AAAA fodder with the exception of Giolito. 

This season is frustrating as hell, but there are brighter days ahead. The consolation prize is an extra top 10 pick in 2020. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 hours ago, DirtySox said:

You sound like Sox management.  If we don't have an attitude of winning now, what makes you think 3 years from now will be any different. You will be posting the same post. Changes have to be made now.

Maybe the Sox are too cheap and don't want to spend the money on bringing up a bunch of guys from AAA like Detwiller because it will cost them. They would rather lose.

Edited by Chisox378
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, greg775 said:

Actually this is good by baseball standards. This is the modern strategy. Homer or K. Nothing in between is wise according to advanced stats. I mean I guess a triple would be acceptable (ball that doesn't quite escape the yard).

This is not what good baseball teams do. Selfish teams, maybe, but not good ones. Steverson can hit the road. Way too many games we have 15 ks to 1 bb.

8 hours ago, Chisox378 said:

This...  15 ks to 1 bb today for our batters. This happens way too often. Steverson should be looked at.

I was thinking the same watching them last night. Certainly Anderson and Moncada have taken a big jump offensively. So has McCann coming over. I would guess we have to give Steverson credit for some of their success. But the overall SO problem w this team also rests to some degree w him as well.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

I was thinking the same watching them last night. Certainly Anderson and Moncada have taken a big jump offensively. So has McCann coming over. I would guess we have to give Steverson credit for some of their success. But the overall SO problem w this team also rests to some degree w him as well.  

I don't know how much to blame or credit Steverson, but the mounting strike outs has been a problem for a time. What bothers me is the White Sox have festering problems that seem to go on and on. I would hope somewhere along the line the strike out problem has been at least addressed by the coaching staff. But it is obvious that an offense has no chance when it doesn't put the ball in play.

Watching strikes outs is boring. It's bad enough the team will have another losing season. It's boring watching Sox hitters walk back to the dugout with their bats in their hands especially when there is a man on third with less than two outs. It's not much fun, either.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Actually this is good by baseball standards. This is the modern strategy. Homer or K. Nothing in between is wise according to advanced stats. I mean I guess a triple would be acceptable (ball that doesn't quite escape the yard).

Greg, you have become unhinged lately due to advanced statistics. It seems like you hate the game now

10 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I see the 2020 White Sox  pitching staff  with the names you have mentioned.  I've read a number of posts  who seem to think the team is going to sign Gerrit Cole. I've read elsewhere where Cole is expecting a 6 year contract of $140 million dollars. I can't imagine JR and Hahn paying that type of money for him. We just have to hope that Cease and Kopech pitch decently next season.

17 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

I see the 2020 White Sox  pitching staff  with the names you have mentioned.  I've read a number of posts  who seem to think the team is going to sign Gerrit Cole. I've read elsewhere where Cole is expecting a 6 year contract of $140 million dollars. I can't imagine JR and Hahn paying that type of money for him. We just have to hope that Cease and Kopech pitch decently next season.

As a frame of reference, that is an AAV of $23.333 mill. 

Their offer to Machado of $250 million for 8 years: AAV of $31.25 mill.