Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't get this trend. The only way I see the Sox being "really bad" (which, to me, is <25 wins) is if there are a ton of injuries/covid cases. Even if the young guys struggle, this is still a mediocre team at worst, when healthy

Double broadcast Sunday night.

ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball to return this weekend with White Sox vs. Cubs

Chicago’s crosstown rivals will be returning to the national spotlight this weekend. According to Sports Media Watch, ESPN will be broadcasting Sunday night’s White Sox vs. Cubs exhibition at Wrigley Field.

20 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't get this trend. The only way I see the Sox being "really bad" (which, to me, is <25 wins) is if there are a ton of injuries/covid cases. Even if the young guys struggle, this is still a mediocre team at worst, when healthy

meh, the thing about young teams is their performance is contagious. Seems like they can get stuck with everyone in slumps more often than vets, but then they can also all be on fire at the same time.

7 minutes ago, bmags said:

meh, the thing about young teams is their performance is contagious. Seems like they can get stuck with everyone in slumps more often than vets, but then they can also all be on fire at the same time.

You're also going to have a lot of young guys who are moderately out of practice at this. It's not unreasonable to think that after basically a 9 month layoff a 37 year old Verlander might be able to find his groove a lot better than a 26 year old Giolito with 1 good season under his belt.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

They play 1/3 of their schedule against Detroit and KC. It seems hard to believe they won't be .500. I think having young players is a big advantage this year, even though most of the media guys think the opposite. They don't need the crowd to be pumped. 

I think right around .500 is a good bet, but I wouldn't be surprised by anything. Literally every line of logic any of us have got could be correct in this situation. 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They play 1/3 of their schedule against Detroit and KC. It seems hard to believe they won't be .500. I think having young players is a big advantage this year, even though most of the media guys think the opposite. They don't need the crowd to be pumped. 

fast forward a month and we are all losing our minds at the scrappy KC team scraping by 2-1 wins against us.

21 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, neither do I.  I'd get that sentiment if we were running 8 rookies out there with huge upside and no track record.  But other than Robert and Madrigal (who may not even be on the OD roster) most of our "young talent" actually has multiple years of MLB experience, and we have a good number of grisled vets as well, including several new additions.  

To me the issue could be how many young soldiers do we need to step up? Not worried about LuRob except injuries and Madrigal seems pretty smooth. How many young arms are needed is the issue.