MLB 2020 Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

39 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Philadelphia's bullpen is a mess. They were up 6-0 vs NYM, Wheeler got hit around somewhat and it was 6-4, they brought in Phelps and McNeil hit a 3 run homer into the upper deck.

Can’t say I feel bad for Wheeler :) 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they do this permanently, it might as well be throwing 30 teams into a lottery machine and having one ball spit out-"that's your champion" 

Go read Dan Szymborski's twitter thread on this.........he nails it. 

I’m over the expansion this year even though it’s proven to be a failure. If they don’t have enough smart people to realize that 5 of 15 currently, or 6 of 16 in the future (if they add two teams) is more than acceptable, then I’ll be rooting for attendance and regular season ratings to plummet, because I think that’s what will happen.

Edited by flavum

5 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’m over the expansion this year even though it’s proven to be a failure. If they don’t have enough smart people to realize that 5 of 15 currently, or 6 of 16 in the future (if they add two teams) is more than acceptable, then I’ll be rooting for attendance and regular season ratings to plummet, because I think that’s what will happen.

What they're(the owners) are actually doing is saying: 

"We don't want to spend enough money to win 90+ games anymore" 

This actually sucks, because I am and always was for straight leagues where the best 2 teams make the playoffs in each league. 

I am for the pre-1994 format. Less is more when it comes to the playoffs, in both baseball and football. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What they're(the owners) are actually doing is saying: 

"We don't want to spend enough money to win 90+ games anymore" 

Exactly. Expanded postseason is terrible for player salaries. Yeah, it feels good to make the playoffs, but it’s supposed to be hard to make the playoffs in baseball! It supposed to feel great when you make it, and it’s supposed to hurt when you come up just short after six months of almost daily games. That’s the fan experience. You don’t just let every .500 or possibly under .500 team in after 162. Ugghh!! 

Edited by flavum
  • Like 1
  • Love 1