8/12 Game Thread Sox@ Detroit finale noon start

southsider2k5

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

ENGEL WOULD HAVE HAD THAT.

POINT 2, defense just gave up two runs again.

Still not playing WELL as a team.

Yeah, but had to get Mazara back in the lineup against a righty....oh never mind.

This game is far from over, of course.

Hitters 1-2-3 as we turn over the line-up again.   But now it's a real battle to take this one and get out of town with some momentum.

Lose, and the focus is back on the 2-6 slide over the offday, and possibly not playing again until SAT night at 6 p.m.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Yup.  Lack of attention to detail.  Starts with the manager.

Can I have rookie season Robin Ventura back.

I don't understand what the hell happened to him after his first year, but that team was laser focused.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Juan Gonzalez agrees with you.

As a fan, it's not bad.   Still prefer the overhangs/second decks in the old stadium, even though it was located in a not so good area of the city.   That park had character, pretty sure they filmed most of the scenes from THE NATURAL there.    The recently outdated Rangers' stadium was a bit reminscent with the outfield decking.

The coolest was hitting balls onto the roof (Cecil Fielder) and the high pop-ups into the outfield that would get caught in the overhang in the first or second row when it should have been a routine fly ball.

The only thing that's cool is the merry go round and then the city skyline backdrop over the outfield wall//Ford display models and that plastic Tigers' statue out there.

Natural was filmed mostly at the old War Memorial in Buffalo along with a few Wrigley shots.

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

How long are you going to give him to locate a fastball? He implodes every single time there's people on base. 

Uh I'm gonna give my top pitching prospect more than half a season in the big leagues to figure things out. He's given up 1 ER today. 

Guy has 5k's 0bb, and would have 4 hits against in 4 innings if his catcher catches the baseball. But yes, let's release or trade him because obviously he's a failure. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run