Sox vs KC 8/28 game thread 6:10 first pitch

Bad Hombre

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

What was it? 

He saw the tag at second, then looked to the dugout because of the possibility of a replay. By the time he knew what was going by, the ball was already by him and Laz Diaz.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, southsideirish71 said:

Yes it was.  He tried to solo the tag at the advancing base.  He is not fast and you chased the potential winning run into scoring position.

It was a comedy routine out there for sure but Grandahl picked up himself and the team with his walk off

• Thanks 1

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Colome got 4 outs that innings and came up clutch by not letting the run from 3rd score. 🤷‍♂️

Exactly. I don’t understand why either of them deserves to fuck off, given the result. Just like someone asked for a new closer. Because Colome must be bad like Billy Koch or Damaso Marie or some shit.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

He saw the tag at second, then looked to the dugout because of the possibility of a replay. By the time he knew what was going by, the ball was already by him and Laz Diaz.

That’s what he said. He also said it was a learning experience- don’t turn your back to the play . Grandahl didn’t make excuses and I think he is a class act

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Ehhh I’m not sure that’s a good excuse. Ball is live until you’re told it isn’t. I get it, they won. But I think this is a team that can go deep and this can’t happen against good teams. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, elrockinMT said:

It was a comedy routine out there for sure but Grandahl picked up himself and the team with his walk off

C'mon man, he's been on the team for a while now. It's time to start spelling his name correctly. 

• Thanks 1

People blaming grandal for that play... yeah he shouldn't have been looking into the dugout to ask for a replay...

But Abreu was just as bad... he had a brain fart on the run down and then threw home blindly when the runner wasn't even running.

Edited by harkness99
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, harkness99 said:

People blaming grandal for that play... yeah he shouldn't have been looking into the dugout to ask for a replay...

But Abreu was just as bad... he had a brain fart on the run down and then threw home blindly when the runner wasn't even running.

Wasn’t a great rundown, but he threw a strike to home, which was given during the situation. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Yaz had his head on an absolute swivel witching for the ice bath during his post game interview haha. 

(but where was that awareness in the top on the ninth?) 

Shit happens. If he was a bad defensive catcher, I would be pissed. But he's damn good. 

He knew he had to make up for it and he stepped up. All is well. Big, big knock to salvage the team from what would have been a damn shitty loss. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Exactly. I don’t understand why either of them deserves to fuck off, given the result. Just like someone asked for a new closer. Because Colome must be bad like Billy Koch or Damaso Marie or some shit.

Because he wasn't backing the play up.  He was literally just standing there. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, soulfly said:

Because he wasn't backing the play up.  He was literally just standing there. 

Apparently neither Grandal or Colome expected a throw home since Abreu was on his backside and the runner was making no attempt to score. Abreu knew once he fell from stepping on the runners arm the guy on 3rd could make an attempt to score and rather than waste a split second looking he made a great throw home.

Usually a pitcher backs up home when he expects a play at the plate on a throw from the outfield.

Colome may also have another responsibility  on that play to cover 1st in the event of a prolonged run down

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1