Padres Acquire Clevinger per Multiple Reports

bmags

12 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Padres organization is so damn amazing 

wow

They are the KW Swinging Di—s, Riverboat Gamblers or Hunch Players right now.  Hahn has always been so much more conservative.  

And, other than McCann, EE...Mazara...and especially Chisek have disappointed.  Keuchel has been great, so far. Grandal just so so for biggest contract in history, plus mixing/matching playing time complication germinating with too many bats and Collins/Vaughn blocked atm.  Will take his walkoff and hope that wakes him up.

Luckily, so much talent in lineup not even Hahn can screw it up.    Abreu/Robert/Moncada/Jimenez were all heavily scouted by Paddy and/or KW.   The Eaton trade looks like a huge win other than Lopez, huge cloud of doubt imo hanging over Kopech.  Same with Q deal.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Not that I'd be in favor of it, but if CWS wanted Clevinger they could have absolutely gotten him...Somewhat underwhelmed with the return

The price for us would have been way higher since we're within the division. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They are the KW Swinging Di—s, Riverboat Gamblers or Hunch Players right now.  Hahn has always been so much more conservative.  

And, other than McCann, EE...Mazara...and especially Chisek have disappointed.  Keuchel has been great, so far. Grandal just so so for biggest contract in history, plus mixing/matching playing time complication germinating with too many bats and Collins/Vaughn blocked atm.  Will take his walkoff and hope that wakes him up.

Luckily, so much talent in lineup not even Hahn can screw it up.    Abreu/Robert/Moncada/Jimenez were all heavily scouted by Paddy and/or KW.   The Eaton trade looks like a huge win other than Lopez, huge cloud of doubt imo hanging over Kopech.  Same with Q deal.

This is the dumbest sentence you've ever written on this site.

"There's so much talent in the lineup assembled by the general manager, not even the general manager can screw up."

There is this website, where you can stan Mr. False Medical Reports: https://madfriars.com/subscribers-forum/

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

This is the dumbest sentence you've ever written on this site.

"There's so much talent in the lineup assembled by the general manager, not even the general manager can screw up."

There is this website, where you can stan Mr. False Medical Reports: https://madfriars.com/subscribers-forum/

If Marco Paddy and KW were not around...we still sign Abreu/Robert and know to trade for Moncada (instead of Devers/Benintendi) and Jimenez/Cease as well?

Not buying that.   We’re also very fortunate Giolito was mostly fixed by someone outside the organization in the 2018-19 offseason.   But, more than FA signings, having Renteria lead the way  might be the biggest risk of all.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If Marco Paddy and KW were not around...we still sign Abreu/Robert and know to trade for Moncada (instead of Devers/Benintendi) and Jimenez/Cease as well?

Not buying that.   We’re also very fortunate Giolito was mostly fixed by someone outside the organization in the 2018-19 offseason.   But, more than FA signings, having Renteria lead the way  might be the biggest risk of all.

Holy shit, a GM listened to his scout and his boss.

Also, he nailed the Sale, Q, and Eaton trades. Based largely on their extensions that he negotiated. Get out of here with that weak shit.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Quin said:

Holy shit, a GM listened to his scout and his boss.

Also, he nailed the Sale, Q, and Eaton trades. Based largely on their extensions that he negotiated. Get out of here with that weak shit.

And Mazara, EE, Gio, Grandal, Cishek?

He’s made two good moves in last five or six years of free agency...McCann, who we pretty much can’t retain due to Grandal or get anything back for, and Keuchel.

We also didn't add to outfield or LHR options when there were plenty of options that wouldn’t have cost Madrigal, Kopech, Vaughn, Dunning, Cease, Stiever .... etc.

Also left Garrett Richards off Padres’ starters list...ooops.

Clevinger, Paddack, Lamet, M.Gore, Richards, Davies.

Edited by caulfield12

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

And Mazara, EE, Gio, Grandal, Cishek?

He’s made two good moves in last five or six years of free agency...McCann, who we pretty much can’t retain due to Grandal or get anything back for, and Keuchel.

We also didn't add to outfield or LHR options when there were plenty of options that wouldn’t have cost Madrigal, Kopech, Vaughn, Dunning, Cease, Stiever .... etc.

Also left Garrett Richards off Padres’ starters list...ooops.

Clevinger, Paddack, Lamet, M.Gore, Richards, Davies.

Great, call me when the Padres are in first in their division.

Also, let's talk about their bad contracts, which are a lot worse than a cheap bullpen guy, the second best catcher in the league hitting his career averages, a flyer on EE, etc.

Hosmer's deal is trash.

Shields was a trash contract, even if the Sox bailed them out. Also, oh right, Preller fucking lied on the medicals.

Myers is overpaid to high hell and back.

Drew Pomeranz.

Sorry I won't list our every failed vet minimum signing, because I don't want to list 50 players like I'm baseball reference on a speedball.

You can't enjoy the first fun season of white Sox baseball because you have to get obsessed with another Yasiel Puig/KC Royals scenario.

Oh look, the Padres added a pitcher who parties during the plague! They are the height of luxury!

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Also, let's talk about their bad contracts, which are a lot worse than a cheap bullpen guy, the second best catcher in the league hitting his career averages, a flyer on EE, etc.

Hosmer's deal is trash.

Shields was a trash contract, even if the Sox bailed them out. Also, oh right, Preller fucking lied on the medicals.

Drew Pomeranz.

Sorry I won't list our every failed vet minimum signing, because I don't want to list 50 players like I'm baseball reference on a speedball.

You can't enjoy the first fun season of white Sox baseball because you have to get obsessed with another Yasiel Puig/KC Royals scenario.

Oh look, the Padres added a pitcher who parties during the plague! They are the height of luxury!

Is it any different putting White Sox with Dodgers?
Myers is raking this year.

Ive watched more White sox games this year than last 3-4 combined. I think I can say its for sure best since 2012 already.

ER was now a flier?   Revisionism there?

Pomeranz is increasingly impt with Yates out.  

No mention of Machado?

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Is it any different putting White Sox with Dodgers?
Myers is raking this year.

Ive watched more White sox games this year than last 3-4 combined. I think I can say its for sure best since 2012 already.

ER was now a flier?   Revisionism there?

Pomeranz is increasingly impt with Yates out.  

No mention of Machado?

EE is a one year deal, so flyer. And please, you of all people do not talk about revisionism. You rewrite history like the British Empire in an opium den.

Pomeranz just returned from the IL. And still a shit contract.

Machado's good. Didn't mention him cause I was talking about bad contracts. Sox are still neck-and-neck the best offense despite not having Machado. And their best bat may be in Schamburg. 

Maybe if you were a Royals fan like you were during their WS run you'd be extolling Mendick's surge, the development of Foster, Heuer, Bummer, Burdi, and Marshall (while coming up with some weird nickname for them), saying that Madrigal and Robert are the future of defense, lauding the Sox for the best catching tandem in baseball, saying Jose Abreu is an MVP giving the Sox control of the Cuban isle while working in something about the 1959 Cuban revolution and tying it the 1960 White Sox re-acquiring Minnie Minoso (and giving up a lot of talent in the process, comparing it to the Tatis and Samardzija trades), mock the Cubs for getting fleeced in the Quintana trade, and forget Eaton's existence upon this earth and say that Giolito/Dunning were born out of a primordial ooze. 

Then you'd mention the recent drafts, saying how only injuries and a once-a-century plague are preventing a top farm system.

Also, you'd ask why the Sox didn't sign Puig to go along with their Cuban core to fill out RF.

• Love 4

9 minutes ago, Quin said:

EE is a one year deal, so flyer. And please, you of all people do not talk about revisionism. You rewrite history like the British Empire in an opium den.

Pomeranz just returned from the IL. And still a shit contract.

Machado's good. Didn't mention him cause I was talking about bad contracts. Sox are still neck-and-neck the best offense despite not having Machado. And their best bat may be in Schamburg. 

Maybe if you were a Royals fan like you were during their WS run you'd be extolling Mendick's surge, the development of Foster, Heuer, Bummer, Burdi, and Marshall (while coming up with some weird nickname for them), saying that Madrigal and Robert are the future of defense, lauding the Sox for the best catching tandem in baseball, saying Jose Abreu is an MVP giving the Sox control of the Cuban isle while working in something about the 1959 Cuban revolution and tying it the 1960 White Sox re-acquiring Minnie Minoso (and giving up a lot of talent in the process, comparing it to the Tatis and Samardzija trades), mock the Cubs for getting fleeced in the Quintana trade, and forget Eaton's existence upon this earth and say that Giolito/Dunning were born out of a primordial ooze. 

Then you'd mention the recent drafts, saying how only injuries and a once-a-century plague are preventing a top farm system.

Also, you'd ask why the Sox didn't sign Puig to go along with their Cuban core to fill out RF.

:notworthy

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/1/2020 at 7:34 AM, Quin said:

Hosmer's deal is trash.

Drew Pomeranz.

I wonder if the White Sox held Tatis in higher regard when the Shields medicals bullshit went down if there would not have been a greater uproar/case made to MLB to reverse that trade.

On 9/1/2020 at 2:34 PM, Quin said:

Hosmer's deal is trash.

Drew Pomeranz.

I agree. Preller is great at trading and the international market but his free agent deals haven't been great. Myers and hosmer have hit well this year but have largely been a disappointment over their contract so far. The Machado deal has been looking ok but the under 30 years of a 300m deal should look good and later this could turn bad like the pujols deal.

The clevinger deal was fantastic though, Padres trade away low upside but decent floor depth which might get rule 5ed or traded anyway in a year or two and get a stud starter.

Edited by Dominikk85