Sox vs Twins 9/2/2020 Lopez vs Berrios 7:10 CST

Kyyle23

Just now, joesaiditstrue said:

no way.  he will float around the league for awhile.  he has a great toolbox.  a lot of coaches will "try to fix him" 

He will do fine once he gets away from Cooper.  Once he gets to use his curveball and he builds up his velocity again.  Not a top of the rotation guy, but a back end serviceable starter.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You guys are never going to let me forget that, are you?  That was more overrating Delmon Young than anything else. I thought Young was better than he actually was. 

I thought Young was a .250-260/25 HR guy with a .300-310 OBP when I said that. 

Which means you also thought Eloy was that type of guy when you said that, which to put it nicely is just embarrassing

• Thanks 1

Whoever made the Eckstein comp for Madrigal probably isn't that far off: 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/e/eckstda01.shtml

Eckstein on the low end, Placido Polanco on the high end for Madrigal. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/p/polanpl01.shtml

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Yasmani needs to do something here or I’m officially on the move Grandal down to like 7th in the order. Only problem with that is you have too many outs at the bottom of the lineup with EE Mazara and him down that way

He's a bit too patient. He almost never swings in obvious fastball counts. 

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Guys, not everyone in the lineup is going to have a shot at MVP one day. It’s okay if Madrigal is just okay. 

He needs to be outstanding, not okay.  He was a top end 1st round pick.  Not someone you picked up in the 7th round and are taking a flyer on.   He needs to hit line drives, get on base all of the time and play outstanding D to make up for a lack of power.