Offseason Targets

soxfan49

Just now, fathom said:

All kidding aside, thought has crossed my mind the Sox could trade Madrigal to get a stud pitcher and go after Wong.

You know I'm down for that and have been for a while. Look at what is available at 2b each year...it's a no-brainer. I'm not that big on how Wong would age though, he seems like a pretty worn down 30.

Just now, bmags said:

You know I'm down for that and have been for a while. Look at what is available at 2b each year...it's a no-brainer. I'm not that big on how Wong would age though, he seems like a pretty worn down 30.

Yep just look at the production Indians got from Hernandez last season. 

41 minutes ago, fathom said:

All kidding aside, thought has crossed my mind the Sox could trade Madrigal to get a stud pitcher and go after Wong.

I would like this but I feel like Madrigal is the exact player TLR would love, bat leadoff, play all 162, etc.

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Washington declined Eaton's option. 

Would you guys bring him back as a LHH RF? (yes I know he's a shithead)

Nope. I'd prefer my shitheads to be good baseball players:)

Of the shit head triumvirate of Laroche, Sale, and Eaton, he was the lesser shithead IMO. Six straight seasons of .362-.394 OBP but he stunk it up in 2020. Any evidence that was an aberration? The .360+ obp version would look pretty good balancing out the lineup, no doubt

Edited by Vulture
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

Of the shit head triumvirate of Laroche, Sale, and Eaton, he was the lesser shithead IMO. Six straight seasons of .362-.394 OBP but he stunk it up in 2020. Any evidence that was an aberration? The .360+ obp version would look pretty good balancing out the lineup, no doubt

Because he’s a clubhouse cancer

1 hour ago, fathom said:

My RF list in terms of likeliness is:

1) Calhoun  2) Bradley  3) Joc  4) Springer

My SP list in terms of likeliness is:

1) Quintana  2) Stroman  3) Richards

I know you'd say similar for STroman, but I think sox will put a premium on availability and I just don't know how sox could rely on Richards.

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Washington declined Eaton's option. 

Would you guys bring him back as a LHH RF? (yes I know he's a shithead)

He's a great fit, honestly.  But I think the bridge is burned, charred, and still smoldering.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know you'd say similar for STroman, but I think sox will put a premium on availability and I just don't know how sox could rely on Richards.

Realizing I shouldn't say this because I will absolutely be psyched if we roll the dice with Kluber

21 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If Hahn was not allowed to hire his own manager he would probably quit.  This Jerry is going to override the front office and force them hire La Russa is total bullshit.  That is not how the dude operates.  I’d wager large sums of money that Hinch will be the manger within 10 days after the World Series.

I too believe this decision will ultimately be left to Hahn.  JR will be in the discussion along with KW but ultimately RH is the GM.

• Like 1

• bmags locked this topic