Offseason Targets

soxfan49

38 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Everyone thought Ryan Braun was getting traded every off season too.  Yelich is the face of the franchise.  He's not getting traded.  

Like I said, Brewers only entertain it for financial reasons but I agree its highly unlikely.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

The brewers, who have done an amazing job putting together a winning roster with paper clip transactions, are going to trade their marquee star at his lowest possible point, when he is paid market value AND off a down year.

And to get him, we are subtracting value from our team to “balance it out” more effectively. No thanks.

The idea of Eloy a headliner is more palatable when considering Yelich in the mix (which I agree is unlikely), that said, I believe the only way we add a high-quality starter for 2021 is through trade. Eloy is our best trade chit and Milwaukee has several attractive targets. 

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

The idea of Eloy a headliner is more palatable when considering Yelich in the mix (which I agree is unlikely), that said, I believe the only way we add a high-quality starter for 2021 is through trade. Eloy is our best trade chit and Milwaukee has several attractive targets. 

Eloy isn't going anywhere.  You really need to get that idea out of your head.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

There must be some trolls on this board because some of the trade ideas are not realistic. 

What is not realistic is to believe we will be better in 21 without improving our rotation. It could be we have internal candidates but most here believe we will need to go outside, either through FA or by trade. Gausman, Stroman and Bauer are unlikely. So the question becomes, who do we atrget and who are we prepared to trade? I'm guessing you must have a point of view as to what is realistic based on your post.

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

What is not realistic is to believe we will be better in 21 without improving our rotation. It could be we have internal candidates but most here believe we will need to go outside, either through FA or by trade. Gausman, Stroman and Bauer are unlikely. So the question becomes, who do we atrget and who are we prepared to trade? I'm guessing you must have a point of view as to what is realistic based on your post.

We aren’t trading Eloy or Vaughn or any of our controlled pieces for Yelich and Hader. The Brewers would ask for way more to offset the value of both of those guys and that’s not worth it. Realistically, I would like to see them spend the money in free agency or through a trade for maybe Lance Lynn or someone comparable.

Edited by maloney.adam

56 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Everyone thought Ryan Braun was getting traded every off season too.  Yelich is the face of the franchise.  He's not getting traded.  

And I think Braun is now the point of his buyout, so the Brewers should be freeing up that money now.

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

We aren’t trading Eloy or Vaughn or any of our controlled pieces for Yelich and Hader. The Brewers would ask for way more to offset the value of both of those guys and that’s not worth it. Realistically, I would like to see them spend the money in free agency or through a trade for maybe Lance Lynn or someone comparable.

I'm not advocating for Hader but the notion that we can trade for a high rotation piece without trading any of our controlled assets seems unlikely.

18 minutes ago, chetkincaid said:

I'm bored.

Trade Dunning, Cease, Kopech and Lopez for DeGrom. That could be 3/5 of the Mets starting pitching staff for years to come.

I'd need to keep Kopech in addition to a star pitcher. Gio and star pitcher can man the 1 and 2. We need Kopech to be a third alpha to have a legitimate WS rotation. DK makes a great playoff four and you go from there. 

• bmags locked this topic