4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

I don't mind giving Grandal a lot of days off.  In fact, I am liking that TLR is using the whole roster and keeping guys on their toes about keeping their spots early.  One thing I couldn't stand about Ventura and Rickie is that (imo of course) they didn't foster enough sense of competition intra-season.

A guy making $73 mill is keeping his spot haha with day game after night game and needing to play 2 different catchers, I would have sat him tomorrow.

1 minute ago, manbearpuig said:

A guy making $73 mill is keeping his spot haha with day game after night game and needing to play 2 different catchers, I would have sat him tomorrow.

that's my point.  it doesn't matter what you're making, if there is a guy at your spot with some talent he will get chances and you better keep performing.  TLR is a great man manager, that's 80% of what being a manager is, the other 20% is the bullpen usage.

Just now, tray said:

Vaughn made that catch at the wall yesterday but it looked pretty shaky. I don't know about you guys but I will still be holding my breath every time a ball gets hit to Vaughn  out there.

He knew where the wall was.  That's more than Eloy can say 90% of the time.

5 minutes ago, tray said:

Vaughn made that catch at the wall yesterday but it looked pretty shaky. I don't know about you guys but I will still be holding my breath every time a ball gets hit to Vaughn  out there.

He definitely lucked into catching that one. His fundamentals are just not there. But neither are Eloy's lol.

4 minutes ago, tray said:

Sure, but I've held by breath everytime a ball has gone into LF since Eloy came into the league.  So nothing new.  I don't think its a stretch at all to think Vaughn could actually be a better LF than Eloy ALREADY.  

12 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup this makes no sense. Sit him tomorrow if he needs a day off.

Grandal on the bench today makes no sense.  Collins can't hit lefties.  Use him tomorrow.  Stupid.  

• Like 2

Has anyone actually seen Jake Lamb? Does he exist in real life, on this roster? Just wondering.

Seems odd that he hasn't seen any action, with the injuries we have and the slappy hitters.

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

He definitely lucked into catching that one. His fundamentals are just not there. But neither are Eloy's lol.

He had a great jump and route on a line drive the next batter. GT had a couple comments saying Robert would have gotten that one if Eloy was in LF haha

Just now, YoYoIsMyHero said:

He had a great jump and route on a line drive the next batter. GT had a couple comments saying Robert would have gotten that one if Eloy was in LF haha

Who is GT

Just now, Capn12 said:

Has anyone actually seen Jake Lamb? Does he exist in real life, on this roster? Just wondering.

Seems odd that he hasn't seen any action, with the injuries we have and the slappy hitters.

He should have gotten some 9th inning abs already but has not. I figured he would have played the day after Moncada went 0-5 with 5ks but did not. 

19 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Also, Ricky would get crucified 110% here for this move.

This

Catch Mercedes DH Grandal tonight.

Collins and Grandal can play tomorrow, sit Mercedes.

Let the record show I’m calling for MORE Grandal playing time, especially after his performance yesterday, doesn’t have to catch since it looks like 2 days catching one sitting is his routine, at least to start the season.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Probably one of the benefits of having an established vet is not needing to force feed rhythm or so I hope.

4 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Collins starting tonight seems strange against a LHP.

Looks like he could be Giolito’s personal catcher this year, since he also caught him OD.

Not sure why Giolito gets the kid glove treatment, should be able to pitch to any catcher, especially facing this horseshit team tonight.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Looks like he could be Giolito’s personal catcher this year, since he also caught him last year.

Not sure why Giolito gets the kid glove treatment, should be able to pitch to any catcher, especially facing this horseshit team tonight.

You're not sure why the ace of the staff, one of the best pitchers in MLB and the public face of the team along with TA doesn't get to pick his catcher?  Come on.  Keeping Gio happy is literally one of the most important jobs TLR has this year.

Edited by chitownsportsfan