4-6 GT: CWS @ SEA (9:10 PM CT)

Capn12

Just now, fathom said:

People that think he’s going to hit 5-10 a year shock me. He can’t even get 5-10 to the warning track.

He needs PEDs.  I'm not kidding.  Ron is right.  Not only is he short, he's just scrawny.  Vaughn ain't an inch over 5'10 and yet he at least has some shoulders and thighs (no Jokic) on him.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

People that think he’s going to hit 5-10 a year shock me. He can’t even get 5-10 to the warning track.

Fletcher hit 3 homers last year, but just from watching him in the opening series, I don't see how that's even possible.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

He entered tonight as a .320 career hitter with a .370 OBP. Calm down.

And a terrible defensive player and the worst base runner on the planet if you’re going to quote small sample sizes.  Again, if he was a 20th round pick, no one on here would want him on the roster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

He needs PEDs.  I'm not kidding.  Ron is right.  Not only is he short, he's just scrawny.  Vaughn ain't an inch over 5'10 and yet he at least has some shoulders and thighs (no Jokic) on him.

You just want him suspended so he won't be in the lineup. 😊

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

I honestly would not be shocked if he never hits a major league Homer. Do you think that's extreme?

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Seriously. I just can't see him excelling when he makes such weak contact. Dude needs to get on the Altuve program. 

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

He will get the whole season I’m sure 

They should drop Lamb and call up Mendick, limit Garcia's playing time to the OF, can blend Mendick starts in more if Madrigal continues as he is. Wanted him up Monday to start the process, Lamb still hasn't played a game. Put him on the taxi squad or drop him.

July would make it a full year in the majors, they should get someone at the trade deadline if he's drops into the 500s-low 600 OPS range.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

And a terrible defensive player and the worst base runner on the planet if you’re going to quote small sample sizes.  Again, if he was a 20th round pick, no one on here would want him on the roster.

It a shame players can't improve after 40 games in the MLB. 

Robin Ventura shod have been cut after that 0-41 to start his career.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sox80 said:

I honestly would not be shocked if he never hits a major league Homer. Do you think that's extreme?

I dunno, never say never. Jerry Owens managed to do it, somehow. His swing was just as weak.

He's already had more success in the minor leagues than 99.9% of 20th round picks will ever have. People jumping off the deep end on Madrigal because his defense and base running have been poor over a 35 game sample is completely absurd. Give him some time to develop and actually show what his true talent level is.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

What was Jimenez's his first season?

Obviously, not comparing the two as hitters...just remembering it was pretty darned low.

Eloy was a 2 WAR player and clearly made progress as the year went on.

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Seriously. I just can't see him excelling when he makes such weak contact. Dude needs to get on the Altuve program. 

Or go with Big Frank down to the local GNC