5/14: Kansas City @ Chicago White Sox - Game 1 of DH 2:10 PM CDT

1 minute ago, SoxFanForever said:

Thank god.  That was getting intolerable.

I am not sure what the final straw was to call the suspension, but I agree it was time....it was derailing a perfectly reasonable the sky is falling baseball meltdown for this gamethread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

They are played by the same rules every day. If a game is a doubleheader, it's played with 7 inning games. The owners agree, the players agree. Most fans agree it's prudent last and this year between the injuries and COVID cancelled games.

They played 9 innings yesterday. They'll play 9 innings tomorrow. So I have no idea what you're talking about it being the same rules everyday. 

The owners get to charge a full ticket for 7 innings. The players get paid fully for a 7 inning game. I am shocked they agree. What's your source the fans agree? I could make sense of it last year. It makes no sense moving forward. Manfred's trying to make the game more tenable for people who don't watch it. 

Edited by raBBit
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Both HRs had an xBA under .175. 

You have an uncanny ability to be wrong about everything you say.

Giolito is garbage right now. I don't care what the batted ball data says about those two HRs. 

I am by no means giving up in him, but he's trash so far in 2021.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Ummm...they need to protect Kopech’s innings and pitch count this season.

What value does he have pitching like this?

They can have Kopech go 5 innings max each game then.  It would be no different from a Giolito start in that respect except that less runs will be allowed.

Just now, raBBit said:

They played 9 innings yesterday. They'll play 9 innings tomorrow. So I have no idea what you're talking about it being the same rules everyday. 

The owners get to charge a full ticket for 7 innings. The players get paid fully for a 7 inning game. I am shocked they agree. What's your source the fans agree? I could make sense of it last year. It makes no sense moving forward. Manfred's trying to make the game more tenable for people who don't watch it. 

Perhaps you're not paying attention, but there have been dozens, if not over one hundred players who have already missed days/weeks of games due to COVID, in 2021.

I agree with you I don't want to see it with the new CBA become permanent, as COVID should be better managed in future years, but it makes total sense this and last year. The other factor, is without adding to the roster, teams trying to cover four extra innings in these DHs will lead to more injuries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoshPR said:

Sox are losing and the thread became a war zone.....

No kidding. Lots of profanity towards other members and talking about vaccines.  I thought it was a game thread despite not much of game. I guess the Sox can't win every game. It shattered my world of them going undefeated the rest of the season.

• Thanks 1

• raBBit unpinned this topic