And That’s 2 White Sox Winners!

bmags

45 minutes ago, wegner said:

Billy got a huge reception when we visited the Reds this year.

I’m not a fan of him as a player, but the guy seems like a really good dude.  Happy for him that he gets another year in the majors thanks to a series of unfortunate events.

Edited by Timmy U
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

A lesser team would have gone on to a prolonged slump after the Yankees doldrums.  But a lesser team as you mentioned doesn't have this much great SP.  There are holes in the lineup on any given day but for the most part the guys compliment each other well and when you have a couple guys like Moncada and Grandal in the lineup they are just going to get on base enough to string some innings together via a walk and a blast, walk and a whatever --  the team won't get shutout or shut down below 3 runs often and with this pitching that's a winning formula.

That said, to compete for a World Series title this team absolutely needs Robert and Eloy healthy. I think every team would.

Yankees won 6 straight after sweeping the Sox. Then they proceeded to lose 4 of 5 to Jays and Tigers.  It will be a long season. 

3 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Both results are consistent with their strengths (starters) and weaknesses (bullpen) over the first two months.

Yep. When the relievers have to cover two innings instead of four it's beautiful.

Edited by greg775

On 5/29/2021 at 9:33 PM, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And most fans with any baseball knowledge should realize that 5 starting pitchers in 3 days means either 2 pitchers who aren't in the rotation are going to have to start or 1 will  (Kopech) plus one going on short rest, most likely Lynn.

Except that one of those five games was due to a rainout, so it resulted in one starter going on an extra day of rest. If they are really calling up Lambert to make a spot-start, then I'm not sure I see why anyone should be going on short rest.

2 hours ago, skooch said:

Except that one of those five games was due to a rainout, so it resulted in one starter going on an extra day of rest. If they are really calling up Lambert to make a spot-start, then I'm not sure I see why anyone should be going on short rest.

No I'm talking about the DH Sat., the game Sunday and todays DH which involved Keuchel, Lynn , Giolitio and today is Rodon all on their normal rest except Keuchel. The rainout gave Keuchel an extra day for the 5/29 DH.  I thought Kopech would be pitching the 2nd game today but he went on bereavement .Is that Lambert now?  Then Cease would start tomorrow on normal rest .

June 2nd is when you would need someone on short rest or Kopech if he is back.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside