Heyman: Sox interested in someone on some team. Nightengale: *nods*

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Is it possible that Lambert is in the deal but the Sox need him to pitch Game 2 before he flies off to Arizona?

If he's already in the deal he probably wouldn't be pitching. I'm not sure why the Sox and Dbacks would risk him getting hurt. 

34 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

Also it's pretty telling to see that MLB Trade Rumors still hasn't acknowledged Bob's comment and neither has apparently any respectable baseball writer.

Bobs so bad he was the only one to know the managerial job was LaRussas if he wanted if. Itz hysterical how much this guy gets picked on here and excuses are made for others who are far less accurate with White Sox news.

21 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Bobs so bad he was the only one to know the managerial job was LaRussas if he wanted if. Itz hysterical how much this guy gets picked on here and excuses are made for others who are far less accurate with White Sox news.

I don't know the story but he's long been considered a mouth piece type used to spread disinfo.  

I will believe there is real smoke here when someone like Sherman, Passan, Rosenthal etc. confirm it, or one of the guys close to the Sox says something.

The mainstream guys are just ignoring this.  Surely they are well aware of the comment.  

4 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

I don't know the story but he's long been considered a mouth piece type used to spread disinfo.  

I will believe there is real smoke here when someone like Sherman, Passan, Rosenthal etc. confirm it, or one of the guys close to the Sox says something.

The mainstream guys are just ignoring this.  Surely they are well aware of the comment.  

NBCSN just ran a story with.

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

What I mean is someone else adding new information or confirming the report.  The Duber thing I just saw.  It's "Bob says," not "sources close to the Sox have confirmed advanced negotiations" etc.

Right but Vinnie Duber works for a TV station partly owned by the Sox. Doesn't seem like they let him run that story if it's not true.

1 minute ago, YourWhatHurts said:

What I mean is someone else adding new information or confirming the report.  The Duber thing I just saw.  It's "Bob says," not "sources close to the Sox have confirmed advanced negotiations" etc.

Bob is Jerry and Kenny's BFF. If he says something about the Sox it's probably accurate. 

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I, for one, and very interested in Eduardo Escobar's take on this.

Meant for the game thread. Tim with a nice play to get out of it, thank you Mariners for making outs on purpose.

In terms of this thread, here is a tweet as reliable as Bob Nightengale's typical tweets.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Right but Vinnie Duber works for a TV station partly owned by the Sox. Doesn't seem like they let him run that story if it's not true.

NBC Sportsnet speculates all the time.  It's click bait.  I mean look at the article.  Right underneath "By Vinnie Duber" it says "Presented by Nationwide Insurance Agent Jeff Vukovich."

Look I want Escobar too.  I hope this goes through.  But there are still no corrobating sources.  And Bob is still getting the 😶 silent treatment nationally it's appears.

• Quin locked and unlocked this topic