White Sox @ Tigers - 7/4/21- Game Thread

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're basically an imbecile

You went from bragging about how you were the only Giolito believer last year to now after his first bad start since May calling the Sox rebuild a failure & wondering if they'll win more than 85 games the next few years because of it

Seriously shut the fuck up

I actually think Gio will be fine, but he's going to have to put work in to get his control in order without his sticky stuff. He'll put the work in. 

I'd actually take the gamble that he figures it out again and try to buy low on an extension this winter.

I'm more concerned about the offense not being able to hit a HR since they deadened the ball.  

Gio has been off all year. He's having a bad year and I believe he'll figure it out. 

More concerned about the offense. Have to see what Robert and Eloy do when they return. If Robert's power outage continues and Eloy has one, we have a problem. 

I'm also not naive enough to completely dismiss that his success could have been entirely pine tar related. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

Looks like Lucas is having issues getting the change up down against righties. Not sure if he's trying to throw it high, but that's usually not a good spot for them. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I actually think Gio will be fine, but he's going to have to put work in to get his control in order without his sticky stuff. He'll put the work in. 

I'd actually take the gamble that he figures it out again and try to buy low on an extension this winter.

I'm more concerned about the offense not being able to hit a HR since they deadened the ball.  

Gio has been off all year. He's having a bad year and I believe he'll figure it out. 

More concerned about the offense. Have to see what Robert and Eloy do when they return. If Robert's power outage continues and Eloy has one, we have a problem. 

Haven't the Sox hit about 400 homers over the last week or so?

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Looks like Lucas is having issues getting the change up down against righties. Not sure if he's trying to throw it high, but that's usually not a good spot for them. 

In 2019-20 Giolito had great success pairing a high fastball and a high changeup. He has been nowhere close with the high fastball all season.