GT 7/6: SOX @ MIN, 7:10

Just now, Harry Chappas said:

What a horribly constructed lineup.  

Looks like TLR learned nothing from having Billy Hamilton hit clean up last night. STOP HITTING GOODWIN THERE.

Edited by chw42

Contrary to some I have enjoyed the opportunity of seeing Burger and Sheets get a chance to play.  The improvement in Vaughn and the reemergence of Burr...all good.  With a 6 game advantage, I was comfortable that when Eloy and Robert came back all would be well.  Like most of us...I was hoping a couple of upgrades would strengthen the team if they could be found without an overly high price in prospect capital.  The Grandal injury changes all that for me.  Without making some acquisitions...that 6 game lead could be gone in nothing flat.  The last 3 games have me looking for a 2nd baseman, catcher, 2 solid relief pieces, and perhaps another outfielder.  A Bryant type that can play at a high level either infield or outfield should be of interest and Contreras is a reasonable get if possible.  In any event...we can no longer afford to do nothing IMO.

14 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Ugly lineup. Expecting a loss tonight.

Since this lineup is so ugly ... we are sure to win.  However, as long as Burger and Sheets are on the team I want them in the lineup.  At the very least we could be showcasing them if possible.

14 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

That’s an embarrassing lineup for a rebuilding team. Not hyperbole. 

Yea it's pretty bad . I think I agree with saying Vaughn, Sheets and Burger in the middle of the lineup   and saying screw defense at this point. Burger at DH.

Like 3-7 should be Moncada ,Abreu ,Sheets (if RH is pitching) Vaughn, Burger or you could make it 2 through 6. There's a better chance our 6 7 8 guys will hit a HR more than our 4 and 5 guy in that lineup. Plus didnt Hinch use 2 lefties in relief yesterday? Not sure if he has any more lefties in the pen or would use them in back to back games .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

3 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Since this lineup is so ugly ... we are sure to win.  However, as long as Burger and Sheets are on the team I want them in the lineup.  At the very least we could be showcasing them if possible.

I feel like the shittier the lineup, the better the results have been this year. But eventually, TLR is gonna run out of blind luck. 

Just now, poppysox said:

This is the 2nd night in a row that we aren’t playing Burger. I don’t get it.

22 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Looks like TLR learned nothing from having Billy Hamilton hit clean up last night. STOP HITTING GOODWIN THERE.

How you know he didn’t? Maybe he’ll sub Hamilton for someone else and move Goodwin to a corner this time

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

This is the 2nd night in a row that we aren’t playing Burger. I don’t get it.

Probably wants to give him favorable matchups until he’s more settled in like he did with Vaughn early in the season

Edited by Vulture

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

The level of talent on this roster is embarrassing right now. Hahn’s just praying they back in to the postseason.

19 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

That’s an embarrassing lineup for a rebuilding team. Not hyperbole. 

I don’t see how anyone could expect much better under the circumstances. Three top outfielders, second base, catcher and with SS sitting. Doesn’t leave much. At least we have some promising young bats to pepper in there and the pitching staff is healthy. Hopefully we get some reinforcements soon but it’s not like you can just snap your fingers and make it happen considering sellers have the rest of the month to generate offers

1 minute ago, Vulture said:

I don’t see how anyone could expect much better under the circumstances. Three top outfielders, second base, catcher and with SS sitting. Doesn’t leave much. At least we have some promising young bats to pepper in there and the pitching staff is healthy. Hopefully we get some reinforcements soon but it’s not like you can just snap your fingers and make it happen considering sellers have the rest of the month to generate offers

I’m not arguing the circumstances, just stating the facts. 

12 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

How is anyone shocked at this? Look at all the days off Vaughn sat the first couple months.

Not that shocked.  The Sox have lost a ton of HR power between no Eloy, Grandal, Moncada not hitting many, Robert. Mercedes going back down. The only legitimate HR threats on the team besides Abreu are Vaughn, Sheets and Burger . Goodwin's hit 3 in a short amount of time but if you have 3 guys like Sheets and Burger +Vaughn you might as well play them all now.

Early in the season you still had , Abreu, Grandal Moncada Robert being counted on for power and Mercedes was raking. Now it's down to just Abreu and Vaughn.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

44 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean this line up sucks so who cares about the construction of it. But goodwin has been one of the Sox best hitters since his call up. May as well hit him middle of the order until not