8/4 Game Thread Sox vs Royals 7:10 1st pitch

7 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Hopefully Giolito struggling a bit this season will at least make him signing an extension more likely to happen.

why would you want to do that?  You have no idea what you're getting from him going forward.

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

If Giolito and Rodon are serious question marks, then imagine how every other team except the Dodgers is feeling about their playoff rotation

This is wrong. Toronto's staff has been amazing and so has Houston's. Boston's staff has been good and they will add Sale. The Yankees staff has gotten better. Those teams are certainly feeling pretty good. 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

If Giolito and Rodon are serious question marks, then imagine how every other team except the Dodgers is feeling about their playoff rotation

It was assumed that Jimenez was going to help offset that...but so many hitters who are in the equivalent of spring training mode now (think when FA hitters used to sign in June or July) never get really back in synch until the following season. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

This is wrong. Toronto's staff has been amazing and so has Houston's. Boston's staff has been good and they will add Sale. The Yankees staff has gotten better. Those teams are certainly feeling pretty good. 

I don't know how Toronto ever loses.  Very good starting pitching and amazing offensive talent.  

Just now, fathom said:

I don't know how Toronto ever loses.  Very good starting pitching and amazing offensive talent.  

Their offense scores in bunches. Eli Morgan made them look like a bunch of scrubs on Monday. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

And that's without Severino, who they were originally counting on in July... as for Toronto, still have bullpen problems but Springer has really been on a tear. 

Edited by caulfield12