4/2 | White Sox vs Diamondbacks | 8:10PM CT | Bally Sports AZ

Tnetennba

Just now, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think they should add more to the pen. They will be fine with what they have. It’s the rotation that worries me. You have Lynn that’s now injured, you have Keuchel that is a batting practice pitcher now and Kopech that isn’t stretched out. That is 3 pitchers. 

Oh I completely agree with you. I just think the Sox are different and go cheap. Maybe they think the pen upgrade is cheaper and can bridge the gap. Who knows I just think the window is really shrinking. 

Even if there’s no tear, this means it will be an on-going issue all season.  Which means he will be babied, with Kopech already capped at 120 innings, and guessing that will be in the first half the season while Lynn will be missing time.

Giolito and Cease will be great this year, but we don’t have much after that.  

Now they will probably overpay for Manaea and take away from the strength of the team as well.  

Just now, quickman said:

Well it appears rest did t do shit maybe there was something structural wrong last year and he should have taken care of it . I mean the Sox should have guided him.

They couldn’t during the lockout…not legally.  Do you honestly think Lynn was going to be in the best shape of his life with a guaranteed deal? 

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They couldn’t during the lockout…not legally.  Do you honestly think Lynn was going to be in the best shape of his life with a guaranteed deal? 

I don't think professional athletes start getting lazy when they get guaranteed money, no. Besides, he has 55M in career earnings and likely left money on the table signing his extension instead of going to free agency. I don't think that would have anything to do with how good of shape he's in now.

Edited by maxjusttyped

Just now, caulfield12 said:

No I. Don’t and I also think Lynn would gut it out . That said, if he had the same damn thing last year the Sox would know what the hell it is and they obviously think rest would help it but maybe they are just damn wrong . Same knee same issue only in spring training after many months off. 

8 minutes ago, quickman said:

Well it appears rest did t do shit maybe there was something structural wrong last year and he should have taken care of it . I mean the Sox should have guided him.

Just because there is discomfort doesn't mean there is a structural issue. Could be capsular or patella joint dysfunction.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Just because there is discomfort doesn't mean there is a structural issue. Could be capsular or patella joint dysfunction.

Ok I hope your right. Barely walking off a field and having the same knee issue last year doesn’t sound like some kind of mild issue . I understand your in the field and appreciate that and I hope your right. That said time will be lost and the Sox need to figure something out .

1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Rehab, strengthening, sometimes bracing.

I suppose they could have done that all off season if this is the same discomfort. I am sure they will do an mri tommorrow and get to the bottom of it . Eitherway he is injured and not going to be our number 2 all year and the Sox will either pay hard for another starter or get another reliever to try and shorten the game . 

1 minute ago, quickman said:

Ok I hope your right. Barely walking off a field and having the same knee issue last year doesn’t sound like some kind of mild issue . I understand your in the field and appreciate that and I hope your right. That said time will be lost and the Sox need to figure something out .

He wasn't barely walking of the field. He had a slight limp with no assistance.

There isn't enough information to make a good guess either way. Could be anything. Just pointing out that there is no reason to assume surgery. That fact it's the same knee that didn't need surgery for the issue is a good sign.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, quickman said:

I suppose they could have done that all off season if this is the same discomfort. I am sure they will do an mri tommorrow and get to the bottom of it . Eitherway he is injured and not going to be our number 2 all year and the Sox will either pay hard for another starter or get another reliever to try and shorten the game . 

I'm sure they did. There are some issues that are more maintenance than surgery. They'll do an MRI and we'll see.