2. Leury 2B
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Sheets, RF
  7. Pollock CF
  8. Burger 3B
  9. Haseley, LF

And they score 2 or less while VV looks like Keuchel his last start. 

Yeah. Frankly I’d be shocked if AV played. I’m not quite there yet, but honestly a few more losses might actually make the Sox do something with TLR. It’s early enough that Sox can rebound from it…

Like I said, not quite there. But can Sox really sit on their hands if they lose 3-4 more games on a row looking like a team of minor leaguers with a manager trying to throw the season?

30 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I fully expect something like this:

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Leury 2B
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, C
  5. Jimenez, DH
  6. Sheets, RF
  7. Pollock CF
  8. Burger 3B
  9. Haseley, LF

And they score 2 or less while VV looks like Keuchel his last start. 

Isn’t Pollock supposed to be off today? TLR was going to play him most of the game yesterday then do a rest day today iiRC from his pregame statement. That’s one I understand.

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Time to stop fucking around and end this losing streak.  Here’s how I approach to today’s game if I’m Tony.  First, you must acknowledge that Bundy is both tough & RHP.  As such, I’m stacking the lineup with all my left-handed bats.  That means Legend, Sheets, Haseley, Grandal, & McGuire all must play.  Jose & Tim are vets so they get starts.  Eloy had that big hit in the 9th so he gets a start.  And hopefully Harrison is ready to go, because I need that Big Energy at the bottom of the lineup.  Now setting the lineup gets a bit tricky with so many studs, but you got break up all those righties. 

1. Anderson, SS
  2. Legend, 3B#
  3. Abreu, 1B
  4. Grandal, DH#
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Sheets, RF*
  7. McGuire, C*
  8. Harrison, 2B
  9. Haseley, CF*

Damn that lineup looks as sweet as a fresh bottle of Goose.  Table setters at the top and bottom and plenty of boppers in those #3 to #6 spots.  It’s well balanced too with just the right mix of vets & youth.  Definitely don’t want them young’uns to have to carry the load against a tough veteran pitcher.

Defense in the OF corners might be a little below average, but with Squeze on the mound today I’m not too concerned.  He’s been working hard with Katzy and I think he’s ready to pop.  I fully expect six from him today, but Severino should be ready to give two or three innings as well if need be.  I like that kid’s arm and he just needs the innings to breakout.  Overall I feel real good about what the arms are going to give us today.  We’re lucky that Hahn prioritized pitching coming out the lockout and got us an extra fire baller in Squeze.  He’s exactly the type of veteran pitcher we need to bust the slump we’re in in.

Let’s fucking go!

All the lefties we got and no Vaughn and Pollock and Leury 2nd ? When does Anderson's 1 game suspension start ? I'd be trying to get Pollock back into a groove asap since he's one more power bat and I would probably just keep playing Burger and Vaughn and Sheets  too. I do admit it's difficult to keep Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn all in the same lineup. That line up is way too slappy. I'd put Leury 8th at 2nd base instead of Harrison. And maybe Grandal batting 2nd.

Edit: Ahh I see you were making a little joke , reverse psychology and all that with that post. I didn't think it sounded much like you leaving Vaughn out and Sheets in and the rest of the questionable stuff. Although Sheets is starting to come around now.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, FoxForce2 said:

I wonder what Pollock really thinks of coming from a club like the Dahjahs to an outfit like the Sox. Where are Ricca and Accardo when you need them?

I think he’s thinking “I just need to play well enough this year to get one last contract, so I’m going to do my job as well as I can.”

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

All the lefties we got and no Vaughn and Pollock and Leury 2nd ? When does Anderson's 1 game suspension start ? I'd be trying to get Pollock back into a groove asap since he's one more power bat and I would probably just keep playing Burger and Vaughn and Sheets  too. I do admit it's difficult to keep Eloy, Sheets and Vaughn all in the same lineup. That line up is way too slappy. I'd put Leury 8th at 2nd base instead of Harrison. And maybe Grandal batting 2nd.

Edit: Ahh I see you were making a little joke , reverse psychology and all that with that post. I didn't think it sounded much like you leaving Vaughn out and Sheets in and the rest of the questionable stuff. Although Sheets is starting to come around now.

I think you missed the sarcasm Ron

29 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

AV, Sheets, Robert, Pollock and Mendick?

29 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Let’s see, Vaughn, Anderson, Sheets, Burger, Pollock.

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vaughn, Mendick, Tim, Pollock, & Burger?

No winners yet

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What’s the speculation?

I think one of the podcasts suggested yesterday that Hahn mentioned something about Leury’s playing time to LaRussa and they had a blowup where Leury is now at the top of the lineup to prove a point. 

Whatever it is, Stone going beyond “he’s not being used right” to “he shouldn’t be on the roster” is something else. They will be on the same plane tomorrow. I also have no good guesses how the infield collapse and Anderson’s blowup would fit into this, but there’s definitely something going on.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, zisk said:

I think we're staring a10 game losing streak in the face. When a team stops hitting for a while, they have to do the little things right  to win.

That doesn't sound like the White Sox to me. 

No way it reaches 10 games. If they were on the road and playing really good teams maybe but they can't continue to look so shitty for 5 more games against inferior competition.

Ticket sales must be slow. Sox will wear their city connect jerseys during Monday home games. They are selling tickets for those games with concession credits. $10 for upper deck, $20 for lower deck and $30 for club level. Those are the credits. $20, $40 and $50 are the ticket prices.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

No way it reaches 10 games. If they were on the road and playing really good teams maybe but they can't continue to look so shitty for 5 more games against inferior competition.

The Royals tentatively have a lefty starter on Tuesday.