5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Just now, fathom said:

Had a scout tell me he’s one of the biggest wastes of god-giving ability he’s ever seen

We spend the entire season lamenting that no one on the Sox works counts or draws walks, then don't appreciate the guy with a .380 OBP last year. He's been back for like a week at this point. give him some time to settle in.

• Thanks 2

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

We spend the entire season lamenting that no one on the Sox works counts or draws walks, then don't appreciate the guy with a .380 OBP last year. He's been back for like a week at this point. give him some time to settle in.

He's not doing that this season, just like the rest of the team. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

Haha this is Soxtalk.  Every AB is the end of the world 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You think a team though wants to pay him like a superstar in a few years?  Honest question, not sarcasm.

I think teams value players much closer to what fWAR would indicate than whatever the scout you talked with who thinks the ~4+ WAR player is wasting his ability

he was 2nd in fWAR over a 3 year stretch amongst all 3rd basemen in baseball. I don't think he's *that* player, but I do think teams would value him highly.

Edited by maxjusttyped
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Of course Robert swings at two pitches not remotely close to the zone

I think we forget Robert hasn't even played in 162 games yet in his career, Basically, he hasn't played one full year of MLB yet. 

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic