5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

Just now, ScooterMcGuire said:

Games against KC are so damn boring

It's a really beautiful stadium at night...and a great place to watch a game with 30000+ in attendance.

Same slant or rake of the upper deck puts fans closer to plate but causes vertigo.

I’m always a huge defender of baseball and don’t understand why people think it’s boring….I wouldn’t recommend watching a Sox game to my worst enemy.

This offense is completely brutal to watch. Guys just hacking at anything. I don’t care enough to go back and look at Tuesday‘s game enough, but at least 15 straight innings without a walk now. A team has to put effort into that kind of ineptitude 

Just now, fathom said:

No chance for me

Me either. Buehrle and Sale, yes. Giolito? Meh.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

If the Sox don't pay him, they'll never pay any high end SP.

seems harsh to judge him when he's coming off COVID and looks like a ghost on the mound right now.

I’m thinking about the larger picture and just not now. I’m just not sure he’s worth the large deal compared to others in the league.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

He's not going to get it from the Sox now...and that might be for the best all things considered.

More value trading him like the Twins did with Berrios last year.

Somehow I don’t think they are going to be dealing people like the Twins.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Somehow I don’t think they are going to be dealing people like the Twins.

They had to choose between him and Buxton.  No way to ink both to extensions...also dumped Cruz/Donaldson to create more payroll flexibility to invest back into rotation and Correa.

We are nearing that time with Gio and then all the talk in 23-24 will be about Anderson's eventual fate.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

Gio battling like this tonight is impressive, all things considered

it'd be nice if the offense could pick him up, but this is the 2022 white sox after all

Not good when a one run deficit seems like it’s a four run deficit.  Hell, when we played Yankees last week, a two run lead seemed impossible to hold.

• Like 1

• Capn12 unpinned this topic