5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

White Sox are not an MLB organization.  They're Bush League.

Need to clean up house both on FO and on the field coaching, and very soon or this season is over.  No more bad managing, over resting, lack of coaching, no sense of urgency, geriatric organization, etc.

• Like 2

Just now, hankchifan said:

Need to clean up house both on FO and on the field coaching, and very soon or this season is over.  No more bad managing, over resting, lack of coaching, no sense of urgency, geriatric organization, etc.

No accountability whatsoever. Just excuses and more excuses.

• Like 2

Just now, South Side Fireworks Man said:

They rushed Vaughn to the big leagues because this was supposed to be their "window."  In doing so, they forced him to play out of position and deprived him of normal development time in the minors, as well as starting his service time clock extra early.  And this is the result?  This organization can't do anything right.

Yep, rather they trade him for equal young talent if they’re just going to keep him in LF.

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

They rushed Vaughn to the big leagues because this was supposed to be their "window."  In doing so, they forced him to play out of position and deprived him of normal development time in the minors, as well as starting his service time clock extra early.  And this is the result?  This organization can't do anything right.

People lost their minds on here the last 2 years when I'd say it might be good for Vaughn's development to spend some time in AAA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yep, rather they trade him for equal young talent if they’re just going to keep him in LF.

It seems as if the plan is for Vaughn to takeover for Abreu at the end of this season... but nothing with the Sox ever makes sense, and if Jose wants to keep playing, I'm sure Jerry will make sure it's with the Sox.

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Nice shot of Eloy laughing and fucking off in the dugout, probably doesn’t even know the games over

What else you want him to do? Team is playing like shit. Probably as bored watching this as we are. Gotta entertain himself somehow.

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

People lost their minds on here the last 2 years when I'd say it might be good for Vaughn's development to spend some time in AAA

I know that feeling all too well when I said Vaughn was way too slow to be an OF last year during the season yet all off season tons of people were saying he could play LF regularly.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know that feeling all too well when I said Vaughn was way too slow to be an OF last year during the season yet all off season tons of people were saying he could play LF regularly.

To be fair, he wasn’t awful out there last year.  This season, good lord.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There is a reason players don't go from High-A to the majors or college 1st basemen don't become outfielders for the 1st time at the big league level

• Thanks 1

Burr is not a MLB caliber pitcher, suitable at best for mop up duty one step ahead of a position player pitching.  He should be sent down tonight to Charlotte on a Greyhound one way  Ticket along with Banks, so TLR cannot bringing them in relief again..

1 minute ago, fathom said:

To be fair, he wasn’t awful out there last year.  This season, good lord.

He is better than Sheets fullstop, and better than Eloy because he's less of a risk to injure himself or the players around him. It still doesn't make him an outfielder. Obviously. It's just a poorly constructed roster in every conceivable way.

• Like 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

Burr is not a MLB caliber pitcher, suitable at best for mop up duty one step ahead of a position player pitching.  He should be sent down tonight to Charlotte on a Greyhound one way  Ticket along with Banks, so TLR cannot bringing them in relief again..

And bring up whom to replace him?  These are the worst relievers in the Sox pen - they're SUPPOSED to be bad.  Its just that when literally every game is this tight, you have to pitch them eventually.

3 minutes ago, almagest said:

What else you want him to do? Team is playing like shit. Probably as bored watching this as we are. Gotta entertain himself somehow.

Ide love for him to work on his conditioning so he’s not a big oaf whose constantly injured. Giving a shit would also be nice. 

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Indeed.

But  young player for young player trade isn't what this front office does.  (at least since Hahn's first rebuild).

• Capn12 unpinned this topic