5/18 Sox @ Royals | 7:10PM CT

Spumoni

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Don’t we have hitting coaches?  Don’t we have other coaches supporting the hitting coaches?  Where is TLR?  What does Cairo do?  He is practically invisible.

I would love to know what he does as well.

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

Didn't score, but liked Abreu's at bat. Battled well.

Hopefully he continues to see things well and picks it up over the next few weeks.

Wonder who is getting tomorrow off? Luis looks like a good candidate, hasn't been off in a few weeks.

I've wondered how he's been physically since slamming into the brick wall in that cubs game

• Like 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Why is Lopez a reliever? I thought he was a major acquisition during the days the Sox were trying to lose to get better draft picks to go with the Sale trade and Quintana trade.

Greg where have you been the last three years?

FB used to be consistently electric but Velo and movement are way down. Inconsistent command.  Erratic breaking stuff.  Totally unpredictable. 

• Like 1

Just now, greg775 said:

Is Hahn on a one-year contract? I can't imagine him sticking around after his contract runs out. He's not put together a very good team even though the team is banged up.

Their injury situation right now is pretty good.  Only missing one position player and one starter.

Just now, greg775 said:

Is Hahn on a one-year contract? I can't imagine him sticking around after his contract runs out. He's not put together a very good team even though the team is banged up.

Hahn would be quite lucky to get a job that's not on Wall Street.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Minnesota is not that good and the White Sox have games coming up against the Cubs and Red Sox.

They're struggling to win a series against Kansas City. 

There are exactly zero series that are gimmes right now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

Hahn's should have resigned like a man instead of cowering to Jerry and pretending like LaRussa was a good hire

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

They're struggling to win a series against Kansas City. 

I know. But that post is talking about them going from 3.5 back to 10 back in 13 days. That basically means they have to win what, no more than 2 games the rest of the month?

6 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Don’t we have hitting coaches?  Don’t we have other coaches supporting the hitting coaches?  Where is TLR?  What does Cairo do?  He is practically invisible.

Someday hopefully new ownership and clean house! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Minnesota is not that good and the White Sox have games coming up against the Cubs and Red Sox.

But that offense is starting to come around.  Buxton is in a terrible slump and they're still winning games.  They have a really good mix of veterans and younger players and two MVP talents.

If Royce Lewis is legit they're suddenly dangerous.  Kepler and Gary Sanchez have been hitting recently.

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Pitchers aren't even trying  to throw strikes to get them out.

This is amazing to see how bad this team is hitting.  Almost surreal. 

Pitchers know we don’t take walks, so why throw us a strike in most pitches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Is very bad.

Ugghh only heard that on the radio....Engel is only valuable if he plays + defense....that's just awful for a guy who's not hitting.

• Capn12 unpinned this topic