Sorry to Soxtalk.

Jack Parkman

I really make this place worse. I do not like the poster I have become over the last 4 years or so. 

I haven't always been this way, though I have skewed on the cynical side. 

Shitting on the 05 team was really shitty and I wish I didn't do it. I feel really bad. 

Please bear with me as I try to get better. 

Peace, 

Parkman. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I really make this place worse. I do not like the poster I have become over the last 4 years or so. 

Shitting on the 05 team was really shitty and I wish I didn't do it. I feel really bad. 

Peace, 

Parkman. 

This sums up the season. Defeat and Deflation. 

I don’t generally agree with many of your takes this year, but I appreciate the passion you have. I’m really frustrated too right now.

I guess my advice let’s all be gentle with each other as fans and let’s commiserate.  Let’s call this what it is - a bad manager who is too old, a cheap owner who is out of touch, a front office that is at best neutered and at worst incompetent. We still have talent. Let’s root for it. It doesn’t cost us anything. 

This has been a gut wrenching season. It reminds me of 2001, when we started 8-19, learned 2000 was a flash in the pan, and had to get behind a clown car of a staff led by a not really great David Wells. Then we lose Thomas to a triceps injury, and then we are forced to endure Royce Clayton’s historic .105 start. It was like a 1-2 sucker punch.

There are some silver linings to this season: Andrew Vaughn’s numbers, Kopech and Cease continuing to solidify, Luis Robert looking good, Abreu looking like he may hold form. It isn’t what we wanted, but we have to embrace the bright spots. There’s nothing we can do about this owner, this manager, this front office except call it what it is and hope fo the best for our guys in black. 

Edited by Greg Hibbard
  • Like 5

And this folks is the shit show called the 2022 White Sox.... Ran by the 3 stooges......  

Starting... Jerry Reinsorf as Moe

Tony Larissa as Larry

And Rick Hahn as Curly.....

And for good measure Kenny Williams as Long lost Brother... Shemp...

I appreciate your passion for the White Sox and share your frustration, anger, and sadness for the direction the franchise has taken. 

Most of us knew the TLR hiring was a huge mistake, but we thought the assembled talent would cancel it out. Then this past off season came and went without the FO addressing the holes at 2B and in the OF. It was disappointing but we had hope that the team was still good enough to make a legitimate run.

Then all the injuries began and players expected to perform well haven't and TLR continues with his mind boggling decisions and we are left experiencing this clown show. 

Yesterday was the last straw for most if us. This team and TLR are the laughing stock of ML Baseball. The team is a bad couple of weeks away from being out of the race. And it's only June. 

We were all looking forward to an exciting Summer of baseball. Instead we have this.

• Like 1

As I long time fan of the Chicago White Sox, they can be an incredibly frustrating org to invest your time and energy.  But no one is making you consume this nonsense day in and day out, certainly to the level that the entirety of your countenance is doom and gloom.  There is an entire world of entertainment options outside of a shitty sports team run by buffoons that don’t care one iota about your personal happiness.  Log off, take a break, go get some fresh air and find some perspective.  And seriously, find a healthy outlet for that negativity, something than obsessively shitposting on a message board.  You’ll be better off if you do. 

• Fire 1

I am not 100% sure this isn't a tongue-in-cheek post, but I will take it as legit. For me its all cool anyway. When the team spirals the exasperation here rises, there comes a point Soxtalk is more entertaining than the on-field product - and that's exactly where we are now. This place is the last vestige of salty southside fandom amid the sanitized product the organization now provides. 

Edited by SpringfieldFan

11 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Peace, 

Parkman. 

I'm not saying this to be an asshole, but because I've known you a long time, and your change really is fairly concerning. You should consider speaking to someone. There's no shame in talking to a professional about your thoughts, and I've noticed that your negativity has lately been seeping into all of your opinions, and not just sports. Please take care of yourself.

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Peace, 

Parkman. 

How many places did you post this?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, zisk said:

Chill out dude. I've been bummed since TLR got hired and I'll continue to shit post. It beats yelling at my wife.

Reminds me me one of the best editions of "the dugout" where a chatting "Mr Met" avatar typed "I hate losing it makes me go home and [kiss] my wife right in the mouth".

Maybe not PC enough for today's crowd but it still cracks me up. Someone on a cubs forum had it as their signature for a long time.