Jump to content

GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)


Recommended Posts

Just a couple of days ago we were hoping for the White Sox to take 3 of 4 from the Orioles. After two colossal failures, the reality now is that it's going to be a huge struggle just to get one win, much less break even. Just when you think things can't get any worse, they show you that yes, it can.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pcq said:

Steve says maybe 2:30 3:00.

But if you are not willing to really root for this team, don't come back.  Steve doesn't need your negativity.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, wegner said:

But if you are not willing to really root for this team, don't come back.  Steve doesn't need your negativity.

Steve is great analyst IMO. He's just sick of all the whining on Twitter. Thing is there are a ton of reasons (besides the cliches, fire the manager; fire the hitting coach, fire the GM) the Sox stink. The primary No. 1 reason of course are the injuries and as a former player Stoney knows the injuries have decimated this club, forcing the Sox to use many players who never ever should be in the big leagues. ... The fire the manager/hitting coach stuff grows old after hearing it 50 years so Stoney is a bit testy on Twitter. 

As much as fans despise Tony, that fire the manager, fire the hitting coach argument is too simplistic and cliche driven for Stoney.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Steve is great analyst IMO. He's just sick of all the whining on Twitter. Thing is there are a ton of reasons (besides the cliches, fire the manager; fire the hitting coach, fire the GM) the Sox stink. The primary No. 1 reason of course are the injuries and as a former player Stoney knows the injuries have decimated this club, forcing the Sox to use many players who never ever should be in the big leagues. ... The fire the manager/hitting coach stuff grows old after hearing it 50 years so Stoney is a bit testy on Twitter. 

As much as fans despise Tony, that fire the manager, fire the hitting coach argument is too simplistic and cliche driven for Stoney.

The Phillies are 15-6 since they fired Girardi.  What is wrong with moving on at this point?  Simplistic and cliche or not, who can seriously argue that LaRussa is the guy to lead this team to a World Championship?  That is what he was brought in to do.  In that sense, last year was a failure and this season is a fiasco.  Injuries are not the only reason this team is not even a .500 club...that is simplistic.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brijames1957 said:

So half the team is hurt too badly to play and the other half can play but not at full speed. WTF?

 

In most sports players play with some sort of soreness or pain.  You would not have a football or basketball game without some players playing with soreness or pain.  Baseball is not a contact sport and it does not need hitters to hit more than 5 times normally in a game.  You have to balance risk/ benefits, but these guys are not paid millions to sit on a bench while scrubs like Leury play every game. Man up.

30 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If anyone gets an extra bobblehead from today, I will pay for one. Message me. 

To have Eloy bobble head day when he is nowhere to be seen is kind of odd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

In most sports players play with some sort of soreness or pain.  You would not have a football or basketball game without some players playing with soreness or pain.  Baseball is not a contact sport and it does not need hitters to hit more than 5 times normally in a game.  You have to balance risk/ benefits, but these guys are not paid millions to sit on a bench while scrubs like Leury play every game. Man up.

To have Eloy bobble head day when he is nowhere to be seen is kind of odd.

None of the other sports play everyday. They get time of to recover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, ptatc said:

None of the other sports play everyday. They get time of to recover.

Good point.  But the other sports are contact sports susceptible to bigger and more frequent injuries than baseball that take longer to heal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

With the added salt in the wound of playing Leury for the third straight game.  Leury is 1 for his last 20, 4 for his last 29.  It's wonderful

16 for his last 92. 1 walk in there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, whitesoxwin said:

Just a couple of days ago we were hoping for the White Sox to take 3 of 4 from the Orioles. After two colossal failures, the reality now is that it's going to be a huge struggle just to get one win, much less break even. Just when you think things can't get any worse, they show you that yes, it can.

Things were looking up just a few days ago. Need these next 2. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brijames1957 said:

Javier throwing a no hitter against the Yanks through 6. 

Not that impressive...the Yankees are only 52-19.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

None of the other sports play everyday. They get time of to recover.

True, but NBA used to play 3 in 4 nights, sometimes 4 in 5 nights, flew commercial,  yet no load management. Michael Jodan used to play 30+ minutes in exhibition games because many paid a lot to see him. The Bulls would get skewered for doing that today.

I think these guys are such specimens these days and are too tight.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

True, but NBA used to play 3 in 4 nights, sometimes 4 in 5 nights, flew commercial,  yet no load management. Michael Jodan used to play 30+ minutes in exhibition games because many paid a lot to see him. The Bulls would get skewered for doing that today.

I think these guys are such specimens these days and are too tight.

These athletes now a days are charmin soft. MJ would score 50+ on these bums. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Didn’t Kopech take one into the 7th against them?

He actually threw a perfect game against them....sort of....

On May 15, Kopech took on the Yankees at Guaranteed Rate Field and retired the last 13 batters he faced.  Then, in the Sox win in Game 2 of Sunday May 22 twin-bill sweep, Kopech opened the game with the same level of dominance, sitting down his first 14 opposing batters.

Put that together and it’s 27 batters, 27 outs. All against the Yankees who boast the best record in baseball.

Yep, good times huh?  The Sox actually swept a double header from the Yankees on May 22.  I had memory holed that one.  Maybe they can turn it around if they can only beat the Orioles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...