GT 6/25: BAL @ Sox (1:10pm)

So why can't TA play a day game after a night game but Sheets and Garcia can? 

And Stone is a very good color man but just like TLR he thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. 

A small part of me wants to see this team go off the rails so badly that we all can tell these pompous d**** we told you so.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, T R U said:

Do you think it’s possible Hanh said quit fucking around and play this kid we brought up and Tony is being petty and making him lead off

Meh I doubt Hahn made any call to Tony. A day game after a night game. When Tony said he would play once this weekend I think this was the game he had in the cards for him regardless. Hitting him leadoff could be Tony saying this is your one shot before you get sent back down though 

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

195F4CA4-F89D-45EA-9430-163A0D7A7694.png

Why the hell is Leury in the lineup in a must win game?  Is Anderson hurt or in need of rest?  Leury is the one who needs rest.   BTW if Leury has to be in the lineup he should be hitting 9 th.  Is Big Energy nor ready to play also?

Edited by hankchifan

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Do you think it’s possible Hanh said quit fucking around and play this kid we brought up and Tony is being petty and making him lead off

This is the most likely scenario in my head.  Nothing Tony does or states tells me differently to give him the benefit of the doubt.

55 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I called this yesterday in the game thread. I had a feeling Garcia would make is way in at SS and that is when Sosa would play.

Pathetic that Garcia continues to get at bats over and over again

I still can’t believe Garcia is in the lineup today.  This is a must win game to stop the bleeding, and we need to go all out with our best players.  Garcia has been a rally killer with porous defense. Leury is the worst player in the Sox roster nowadays.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Is La Russa actually insane?  Like I’m super happy Sosa is playing but why does he need to hit lead off?  I thought Tony said he was trying to take pressure off the kid like two days ago?

What I don’t understand is the manager doesn’t think he’s good enough to start over Leury, doesn’t think he’s good enough to pinch hit against a lefty for Sheets, but 15 hours later he’s a leadoff man. I wish Stone would read this. It’s fucked up, and we don’t need the Stone Blessing for Baseball Genius to see it. Any idiot could.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

I still can’t believe Garcia is in the lineup today.  This is a must win game to stop the bleeding, and we need to go all out with our best players.  Garcia has been a rally killer with porous defense. Leury is the worst player in the Sox roster nowadays.

You can tell TA is still a little gimpy, although he made an incredible play last night in the hole look routine. I understand why he is sitting day after night, especially when the field is going to be a little damp.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but man oh man Steve Stone is such a tool. Sad to see what he has become, used to have a lot of respect for him.

Amazing a White Sox announcer taunting fans for bailing on an underperforming team. And making changes is one thing all fan bases call for when the team is failing. Only losing organizations refuse to change when what they are doing isn’t working.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but man oh man Steve Stone is such a tool. Sad to see what he has become, used to have a lot of respect for him.

For those of you that stuck with the team through a long rebuild just to see this product....tough shit.  

How come the Phillies and Angels thought it was quite practical to replace their manager?

People are pissed and should be Stone.  FUCK OFF.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It honestly seems like this may of happened.  I could see Tony batting him lead off and hoping he fails to help his case to play his shitty vets.

If that's the case why wouldn't he have told him before  ? I think u guys make up scenario's in your head. No manager hopes any player under him fails.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

glad we tanked for this

So he liked his second PA enough to bat him leadoff today, but not enough to let him play at all yesterday? 

I'm 100% convinced this is a middle finger to Rick Hahn. Honestly, that's preferable to just more blatant incompetence too. 

2 hours ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Sox have been under .500 since last August Mr. Stone you sound ridiculous.

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 3