Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

31 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Man I was so happy when I thought we were out of it last week. Then they pull me back in just to disappoint me again with dumb bullshit. I hate this team...

Rip the bandaid off.  This team is going nowhere fast.  They are who they’ve been since ASB 2021. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't understand. Are you saying the ump is calling strikes when they don't swing at balls because of what now ? He's expects them to swing ? Or because the Twins don't swing and he calls them balls but they become strikes for the Sox then ? I'm so confused .

If the ump has a big zone and calls strikes just out of the zone for both teams, but one team swings at those pitches and the other doesn’t, the ump score will say that he favored the more discerning team, when in that case he was even and one team controlled their swings better.

29 minutes ago, fathom said:

Never seen a team that acts more like they’re 10 games up with a month left in the season. Lazy effort, saving their legs, etc.

Feels like the same hubris they carried themselves with down the stretch last season too.  Except they actually *aren’t* as good as they think they are and keep proving every day. 

6 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Any post-game explanation on the triple play?

The only explanation I could think of is that Engel was getting ready to tag up and he saw Moncada come racing towards him and looked likely to pass him on the bases so Engel thinks hey maybe Yoan says the ball is going to drop, he's got a better look at it than I do and he starts running before the catch. I mean Yoan is practically 1/2 way to 3rd when the ball gets back to the infield.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Technically they didn't have to do either. But since the Sox are the Sox they picked up the Kimbrel $16M option then traded him and spent $17M on an injured pitcher.Go Tony  ! Go Hahn , Go Jerry !!  I mean it just fucking go !

Mumbles something about poor tasting pollock and goes to bed.

1 minute ago, Tnetennba said:

Feels like the same hubris they carried themselves with down the stretch last season too.  Except they actually *aren’t* as good as they think they are and keep proving every day. 

I have more faith in AKME, but the Bulls are being run the same way basically 

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

He was reaching or feeling with right foot but no reason you're not standing on the bag waiting to see what happens first.

Well Yoan was running balls to the wall so maybe he thought Moncada saw the ball had fallen and than if he didn't run Yoan would pass hm.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Rip the bandaid off.  This team is going nowhere fast.  They are who they’ve been since ASB 2021. 

Yup. I think we all know that this team doesn't have the talent to win much of anything. Whatever talent was on this team is either injured or no longer at the talent level we thought they were at (Grandal, Moncada, Eloy, Pollock). 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Kelly should have his locker removed with nearly a 10 ERA and more walks than IP at that salary on that insane contract.

Hahn should have spent the Kelly money instead on a good every day lefty outfielder.  Hahn seems obsessed with relievers instead. The Needless Kimbrel acquisition last season started the decline of the Sox.

• Like 1

Just now, chw42 said:

Why do we even have base coaches? 

Boston at least was right next to Moncada…has to be shouting half way or tag up or whatever.

SOMETHING.

Would like to see the camera iso on him to see if he did anything at all…or simply watched Engel as well.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well Yoan was running balls to the wall so maybe he thought Moncada saw the wall had fallen and than if he didn't run Yoan would pass hm.

i think this is what happened.

Engel was taking the blame - but if you watch it again,,,, yoan is hauling ass to 2nd like he saw it drop.

I think that threw Engel off.

Basically they both fucked up.. but engel covering for it all.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I feel sorry for him. He's an old man. Time marches on. It does not stand still as much as we'd like it to sometimes. True he makes a lot of money but he's one old fella.

Fuck that guy.  He chose to come back.  He’s made a gigantic fucking mess of everything and could walk away at any moment.  He does not have to be here, but he’s here, every single day, fucking up over and over and over.  Fuck TLR.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Yup. I think we all know that this team doesn't have the talent to win much of anything. Whatever talent was on this team is either injured or no longer at the talent level we thought they were at (Grandal, Robert, Moncada, Eloy, Pollock). 

Even Anderson has been terrible in clutch situations all year long and gave a half-assed effort.

Can you imagine AJ Pierzynski sitting there at home shrugging and walking back to the dugout?

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the ump has a big zone and calls strikes just out of the zone for both teams, but one team swings at those pitches and the other doesn’t, the ump score will say that he favored the more discerning team, when in that case he was even and one team controlled their swings better.

But he wasn't calling pitches out of the zone balls for both teams .Cueto was getting strikes called balls and The Sox hitters were getting balls called strikes from Bundy. I mean its bad enough when the Sox swing at so many pitches out of the zone and when they actually show some patience and display a discerning eye they still get called strikes.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

But he wasn't calling pitches out of the zone balls for both teams .Cueto was getting strikes called balls and The Sox hitters were getting balls called strikes from Bundy. I mean its bad enough when the Sox swing at so many pitches out of the zone and when they actually show some patience and display a discerning eye they still get called strikes.

ya bad umpires are bad - the "well they are bad for both teams" never pans out... because when they miss a pitch could be at a more crucial situation.

The guy tonight was horrible... just plan bush league.

i will say its the first really bad umpiring ive seen in a while however.

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Even Anderson has been terrible in clutch situations all year long and gave a half-assed effort.

Can you imagine AJ Pierzynski sitting there at home shrugging and walking back to the dugout?

That is why we need a fiery manager, that can kick some ass and bring accountability into play.  TLR is the wrong man to manage this bunch.