Sox vs Minny 7/4/22 game thread Sweet Home Chicago, without Tony

Christmas in July.  Sox wrapped a gift win for the Twins.

- Robert awful defense on the 2 Arraez doubles.

- taking  slugger Sheets out for pinch runner in a tied game late and no outs, and not being available to hit in the 9th in a tied game.

- Moncada and Engel running blunder resulting in only 5-3 triple play in history.

- No coaching at first yelling to Moncada to stay put or come back to first.

- Joe Kelly fiasco in the 10th. Including walking two who both scored.

- Letting Kelly pitch to the lefty with Banks ready in the bullpen, which cost another 2 runs.  And on and on.

Chicago Blunder Sox at work tonight.  It is tough to be a White Sox fan.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Pretty one-sided calls all night, and not for the home team.  

This. K zone was very pro Twins tonight. I live in MN so had to watch Twins telecast and it was blatant. Sure Jason and Steve mentioned as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Tony looks like he’s about to die in the press conference. Mumbling and coughing 

Damn I missed the game for fireworks w the kiddos and missed the triple play. Hearing Tony mumble and cough is an every night occurrence though

Just now, soxfaninfl said:

The difference in this game was Buxton didn’t give up on a blast to the wall while Robert gave up on 2. Twins just played harder which is a common theme lately. TA not running is just icing on the cake. This reaction to injuries and such is just killing this team. You are not a playoff team if you don’t hustle.

This team just thinks they're better than everyone else despite not making it out of the first round of the playoffs yet. It's like they like the smell of their own farts. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I believed in this team and this rebuild and feel like an idiot. This team just doesn't have what it takes and our FO is too dumb to fix it. Sox fans are just wasting time and money/resources at this point.  Aka opportunity cost.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This. K zone was very pro Twins tonight. I live in MN so had to watch Twins telecast and it was blatant. Sure Jason and Steve mentioned as well. 

Worth noting though - if one team swings at everything just out of the zone and the other doesn’t, that will strongly affect that score.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

It was very pro-Twins early in the game when Cueto was pitching. But the Sox got a few calls when the bullpen came in. 

6 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Tony and Jerry are the only 2 people in the world who think he's doing a good job. I think he's oblivious to how bad of a situation this is.

They are in alternate denial universe.  Out of touch with reality.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Worth noting though - if one team swings at everything just out of the zone and the other doesn’t, that will strongly affect that score.

Don't understand. Are you saying the ump is calling strikes when they don't swing at balls because of what now ? He's expects them to swing ? Or because the Twins don't swing and he calls them balls but they become strikes for the Sox then ? I'm so confused .

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

4 minutes ago, Snopek said:

All this team does is disappoint. It’s what they’re best at.

But hey, at least Kelly should be unavailable tomorrow.

Alright, what's worse...

Having to deal with Kelly on the team or having to deal with Kimbrel on the team? 

5 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I believed in this team and this rebuild and feel like an idiot. This team just doesn't have what it takes and our FO is too dumb to fix it. Sox fans are just wasting time at this point. 

I went to one game this year and probably won’t waste my money on going to another game when I usually go to 3-5 each year. There’s no point in seeing an injury ridden team, a weak and overpaid bullpen and hitters that are around the Mendoza line when they should be better than that. I’ll just spend an outrageous amount on Comcast so my buddies Steve and Jason can keep me company or help put me to sleep.

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Oh they had some stern words several times throughout the broadcast tonight. 

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Alright, what's worse...

Having to deal with Kelly on the team or having to deal with Kimbrel on the team? 

Good question, but I say Kimbrel. The expectations were lower for Kelly. Kimbrel sucks for the Dodgers too.

That was one of the most disappointing losses I have ever experienced as a fan, and I've been on Soxtalk since before we won a WS. That Moncada brainfart was shocking. That's something I expect out of my novice Softball teammates.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Alright, what's worse...

Technically they didn't have to do either. But since the Sox are the Sox they picked up the Kimbrel $16M option then traded him and spent $17M on an injured pitcher.Go Tony  ! Go Hahn , Go Jerry !!  I mean it just fucking go !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1