If the Sox trade for Juan Soto we have a chance.

Jerksticks

33 minutes ago, T R U said:

I would trade Robert if it meant getting Juan Soto. There is nothing in this organization I wouldn’t move to get him. The only issue is they would never pay the man what it would take to keep him beyond two years. 

People will say you can’t trade 6.5 years of Robert for 2.5 of Soto but the thing is you can when it’s Juan f’ing Soto, we’re not talking about trading for a top 25 hitter in the league we’re talking about trading for a top 3 hitter in the league if not the best. We can only hope Robert becomes that 

3 hours ago, Rey21 said:

People will say you can’t trade 6.5 years of Robert for 2.5 of Soto but the thing is you can when it’s Juan f’ing Soto, we’re not talking about trading for a top 25 hitter in the league we’re talking about trading for a top 3 hitter in the league if not the best. We can only hope Robert becomes that 

6.5 years of Robert is actually like 3 years in terms of games played. The best ability is availability!

3 hours ago, Rey21 said:

Robert fWar this year 2.2 . Soto fWar this year 2.4. All trading Robert for Soto does is open a huge offensive and defensive hole in CF and adding Sotos bat and cruddy defense and adds much more salary. Would be nice to hang onto Robert for all those extra years who contributes offense, defense, power , stolen bases and good base running and is the the only one on the Sox who does that (when healthy).

Soto is useless to the Sox if you take away more production than you get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am very pro Soto. But you have to add him in a way that maximizes the team building. It would be a huge waste to negate his addition by shedding too much current team production. Robert does that.

I am understanding of Vaughn at least because his lack of position has wrecked his output, but I also blame Grandal/sheets for that

Someone (didn't catch his name) on MLBN saying that the Giants are interested in getting Soto even though they're also looking to move veterans with expiring contracts. Anybody that Washington would be interested in that we could ship to SF for Rodon + Joc that they could use as part of their package to get Soto?