7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean the right answer is to just run it back out there next year and then worry about a payroll cut after ‘23 when contracts end. 

Um, they're going to be right up against the tax next year with already committed payroll. They really won't be able to do anything. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I mean the right answer is to just run it back out there next year and then worry about a payroll cut after ‘23 when contracts end. 

Something tells me JR won’t want to pay $200M for a non playoff team in 2023.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Something back, nothing earth-shattering.

I'd much rather see how Eloy looks with a modern hitting coach & new medical staff in place. I hate the idea of selling low on him, particularly when DH will be open full-time next year assuming Abreu walks.

• Like 1

Just now, Tnetennba said:

Something tells me JR won’t want to pay $200M for a non playoff team in 2023.  

It's not directly about winning or losing, it's about the projected attendance falling flat in 2022. They are barely above 2019 tanking attendance this season, and the average will likely drop once they sell off or stand pat at the deadline.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Um, they're going to be right up against the tax next year with already committed payroll. They really won't be able to do anything. 

They will still have $15 million under the tax give or take even if they bring Abreu back.

Sell the guys you can sell to make yourself better, fill a couple holes for next year in the process, change the entire coaching staff, and give it your best shot.

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

?????

Where else are they going to cut payroll? They have a lot of immovable contracts. 

Pretty much their only option for any sort of flexibility is salary dumping Eloy or non-tendering Giolito. 

They absolutely cannot bring back Abreu. 

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd much rather see how Eloy looks with a modern hitting coach & new medical staff in place. I hate the idea of selling low on him, particularly when DH will be open full-time next year assuming Abreu walks.

I don’t think Eloy gets dealt if Hahn is still in charge