7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

1 minute ago, maxjusttyped said:

I'd much rather see how Eloy looks with a modern hitting coach & new medical staff in place. I hate the idea of selling low on him, particularly when DH will be open full-time next year assuming Abreu walks.

Me too but it clears some payroll and the log jam

Just now, Balta1701 said:

They will still have $15 million under the tax give or take even if they bring Abreu back.

Sell the guys you can sell to make yourself better, fill a couple holes for next year in the process, change the entire coaching staff, and give it your best shot.

I don't disagree. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Where else are they going to cut payroll? They have a lot of immovable contracts. 

Pretty much their only option for any sort of flexibility is salary dumping Eloy or non-tendering Giolito. 

They absolutely cannot bring back Abreu. 

Abreu is back if he wants to be 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Where else are they going to cut payroll? They have a lot of immovable contracts. 

Pretty much their only option for any sort of flexibility is salary dumping Eloy or non-tendering Giolito. 

There is no way the let Giolito walk. You have a better chance at TLR being fired again by Jerry than them letting Gio leave for nothing

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

They will still have $15 million under the tax give or take even if they bring Abreu back.

Sell the guys you can sell to make yourself better, fill a couple holes for next year in the process, change the entire coaching staff, and give it your best shot.

This. Retool/Reload or whatever the hell you want to call it and try again next year with new management 

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Abreu is literally the best player on the team. 

If that's the case, wave bye-bye to Eloy and/or Giolito. 

They have space to bring Abreu back especially since they will push their salary limits for him, you know that. 

They won’t have space to make themselves better using FA though. That’s “say goodbye to Colson” territory.

I don't think it's a good idea but I'm struggling to see where else they're going to get payroll flexibility. 

So you trade him then…you don’t fucking non tender him. This is almost as bad as your AV for Mitch Keller take. 

• Thanks 1