7/11- White Sox at Guardians, 6:10

flavum

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Anderson didn't see a pitch close to a strike but yet was never ahead in the count.

Guy need to get his personal shit together if he can't handle life. 

But being a disaster with RISP has been a trend his whole career 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tell me why other teams would be interested in a pitcher whose metrics are way down, has lost 0.7 mph on his heater and has an ERA over 5? 

Which team is willing to trade for a cheap SP with a very good track record and not judge him on a less than 10 start stretch? I’m going to say it would be 29 teams. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Hawk 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tell me why other teams would be interested in a pitcher whose peripherals are way down, has lost 0.7 mph on his heater and has an ERA over 5, going into his arb 3 year? 

An absolute best case scenario in a trade is something like Kimbrel for Pollock. 

I forgot the Sox have this amazing pitching depth that they can easily replace Giolito

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheFutureIsNear said:

Which team is willing to trade for a cheap SP with a very good track record and not judge him on a less than 10 start stretch? I’m going to say it would be 29 teams. 

The fastball decline is more important than his track record. Sorry. If everything was the same with Giolito as from 2019-2021 then I'd agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Again, and I stress….you are a moron. 

He's not the same pitcher. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. 

With all three of the SP who had big drops in fastball velo this year, they have to hope that a healthy offseason and a full ST brings the velo back. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, TheFutureIsNear said:

Sox don’t get a mega haul, but Gio still has trade value despite some struggles in a weird year.  A good team not afraid of a long term commitment to pitchers would happily take him and lock him up for 5+ years at a market rate.  The idea that he’s magically a non-tender candidate is so laughably bad that it doesn’t deserve any of the attention given in this thread. 

• Like 2

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

He's not the same pitcher. If you don't understand that, I can't help you. 

His strikeout and walk rates are still basically identical to last season. His track record still matters. Losing 1 MPH of velocity isn't crippling. He's going to be fine.

Just now, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Robert is just too much of an undisciplined hitter to hit with an open stance. He's not Manny Machado.  He's just not willing to hit the outside pitch the other way.

Doesn’t that type of stance also create way too much head movement 

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

His strikeout and walk rates are still basically identical to last season. His track record still matters. Losing 1 MPH of velocity isn't crippling. He's going to be fine.

Watch how hitters react to his pitches. It matters.....a lot. His change goes from a 70 to a 55. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Robert with possibly his worst game of the season.  Doesn’t look like a major leaguer at times.

He has zero approach. Idk what happened with him whether it be Menechino or his own stubbornness, but he needs to seriously work on pitch recognition.