7/13-White Sox / Guardians - The Fall of TLR Begins —6:10

Vote4Pedro

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Even though I really like the guy, I don't want to sign Giolito long-term. The delivery bothers me as does the large fastball decline. 

I'm not convinced his fastball velo is gone for good. He's had 2 (I think) starts recently where the fastball velo was 94. His track record is good, he's been durable, and he's a guy I'd trust to maximize whatever his ability is. Realistically, the Sox are never going to sign someone better or develop enough quality pitching where he isn't needed.

1 minute ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

I still have no idea why teams bring in lefties against the Sox or use lefties in spot starts against the Sox.  Any RHP with a pulse is effective against these guys but they still do hammer lefties.

You can't always plan not to use any LHP on your team just because It's the Sox. It's kind of limits your staff.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You can't always plan not to use any LHP on your team just because It's the Sox. It's kind of limits your staff.

Especially in a game where your starter goes 1 inning. They probably couldn't get through 9 without using at least 1 lefty.

• Like 1