2023 MLB Draft thread

southsider2k5

If Arjun Nimmala is on the board at 15 and the Sox don’t take him, I would be extremely upset. He’s everything they should be looking for, he’s an athlete, he’s an up the middle player and he has massive power potential. Keep adding high ceiling guys into the system and you’ll sure to have some stars if you can develop them.

On 4/11/2023 at 12:41 PM, Joshua Strong said:

If Arjun Nimmala is on the board at 15 and the Sox don’t take him, I would be extremely upset. He’s everything they should be looking for, he’s an athlete, he’s an up the middle player and he has massive power potential. Keep adding high ceiling guys into the system and you’ll sure to have some stars if you can develop them.

CJ Abrams with more pop?

7 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If the Sox want to start focusing on strike throwers (I think they do) Jachec would be a good one to draft.  He's pitched 149.2 innings over the last 2 seasons and walked 18 batters.  The stuff is avg at best but it plays up because of his excellent command.

Don’t worry! Dodgers, Rays, or Guardians will draft him in the 5th round and he will be throwing 95+ and become a stud Prospect. Love the fastball movement!

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If the Sox want to start focusing on strike throwers (I think they do) Jachec would be a good one to draft.  He's pitched 149.2 innings over the last 2 seasons and walked 18 batters.  The stuff is avg at best but it plays up because of his excellent command.

Why do you say you think they want to start focusing on strike throwers? Some sort of philosophy change?

48 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Why do you say you think they want to start focusing on strike throwers? Some sort of philosophy change?

Kinda.  Some in the organization have been screaming it for a while but the powers that be are...lets be nice and say they're slow to listen.  Now I'm not saying they're gonna go exclusively with command guys but I think they're gonna put a higher priority on it than we've seen from Sox drafts the last number of years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:50 PM, Harold's Leg Lift said:

If they go college pitcher this is a guy they could target. He has very good fastball command. I'm gonna do my best to stay quiet about the other stuff.

Wouldn't be mad if he was the pick. He should be a fast riser. 

I caught a bit of Will Sanders last night.  He's been inconsistent this spring and I can see why.  First off he definitely looks right.  He's a big strong dude w/a clean easy del and a H 3/4 slot that adds some dec. Last night the FB didn't show a lot of life thru the zone and the FB command was wobbly so he had to rely a lot on his secondary pitches which are pretty good.  He threw some nice BB's that flashed above avg w/good shape and depth and the changeup is plus w/excellent sell and late fading action. The one below is the best pitch I saw him throw all night.  If the Sox are going to put a premium on strike throwing and FB command from what I saw last night I don't believe Sanders will be in the mix for 1-15.

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Backside is the new buzz word amongst twitter scouts.  Here Wilken hits a LOUD ELECTRIC backside home run!  Kidding aside I would be surprised if they went with another college corner but Wilken does have legit power.

I could see this if he was left handed.  

Backside is the same as opposite field I take it but I view launch angel as the same as uppercut swing.  I like to stay old school in evaluations where contact simply means they are low exit velocity type guys.

• Heads22 pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic