Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gausman got less than what we offered Wheeler, so we were willing to pay market for a similar arm not too long ago.  I think Reinsdorf would have been ok with a such a move, Hahn just prioritized other less important things.

Maybe that's the case. We heard a lot of the word "Budget" tossed around this past offseason. I'll still die on the hill JR is extremely frugal and it prevents Hahn from being able to do his job completely (Hahn still should be fired though). IDK how, but Hahn somehow convinced him to listen on Wheeler, but there also was a lot less money committed at the time too.

• Like 1

This feels like Eduardo Escobar from last year. Nightengale reported awhile ago the Sox were extensively scouting the Reds. My hope is they didn't trade for Naquin because they'll land someone better.

of course last season the Sox passed on Eduardo Escobar to trade for Cesar instead. So maybe it will just be Ben Gamel after all.

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

This feels like Eduardo Escobar from last year. Nightengale reported awhile ago the Sox were extensively scouting the Reds. My hope is they didn't trade for Naquin because they'll land someone better.

of course last season the Sox passed on Eduardo Escobar to trade for Cesar instead. So maybe it will just be Ben Gamel after all.

Gamel's plate discipline would be nice to have. I'm not sure how good he is defensively, but his numbers don't look too good. 

Bobby boy not including the Sox on his list of teams after Castillo. Maybe sox want him tight lipped, maybe they aren't in Castillo at all, or maybe Bob has no idea what he's talking about and just saying random stuff. This is why I love Bob, he keeps us on our toes.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, chw42 said:

No top 30 prospects from their system. 

Sounds about right for Naquin. Reds just want to dump salary.

Eat Moustakas' deal and they'll give you Castillo and throw in prospects for a box of Tony's diapers.

People here are WAY overestimating what it takes to land a 2 month veteran rental, unless they are factoring Hahn's ineptitude and inevitable urge to overpay.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not even sure he'd be an upgrade defensively over Sheets/Vaughn.

.243 2021 World Series OPS. Woof

He's also been terrible in July. But Joc has a great track record in October.