Trade Rumors Catch-all

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Yeah and in fairness, I don't think the issue is the FO. Its JR and TLR who have the power and they aren't invested in the long term at this point so they don't give a damn about a second window. 

Therefore, I could easily seeing them get rid of savage talents to chase a title that will not happen this year no matter what. 

Yeah, I completely believe they are dumb enough to go all in.  But to me it's lipstick on a pig, a rather sickly one at that.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, oldsox said:

One of you (or more) who really follows our farm system, please rank our 3 middle infield, stateside prospects:

Sosa, Ramos, Rodriguez

Ramos isn’t a middle infield prospect, although I guess there is a non-zero chance he can play some 2B.  That being said, I’d go Ramos, Sosa, & then Rodriguez but it’s really damn close with the latter two.

For reference, Baseball America has Ramos ranked #2, Rodriguez #3, and Sosa #8 in our mid-season rankings.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't want to trade Vera. 

I understand you have to give to get though. 

My list of players I don't want to trade: 

Montgomery

Colas

Vera

Mena

Chapelli

Hernandez

Just off the top of my head. 

I'm still pretty high on Kath too, started slow this year, but big frame lefty stick that will draw a walk, don't want to sell this low on him quite yet. 

2 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

I'm still pretty high on Kath too, started slow this year, but big frame lefty stick that will draw a walk, don't want to sell this low on him quite yet. 

Yeah I like Kath as well, but again, you have to give to get. I'm leaving guys available for trade. 

If it was up to me I'd be selling and then hope that there's enough talent remaining to get the job done anyway. Replace Cueto with Martin, Abreu with Vaughn, sell Graveman and Lopez. Hope that you can cobble enough of a bullpen and that Grandal and Jimenez get their shit together. (Moncada already has) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, HoosierSox said:

Soxmachine podcast had a Rockies guy on and he mentioned they rarely make deadline trades, even for rentals.

It makes no sense for them to keep Bard. He's not getting a QO so they aren't getting draft picks out of it. 

49 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

What is the damn rush? Colas is only 23 yrs old. What window is running out? You want to keep trading away prospects for established average players, which is the same crap that Kenny Williams did for years that ruined this team after he got lucky in 2005. This why Kenny isn't involved in the decisions any longer. Guess what, we will still need players in 2023 and 2024 and on, because we have several players who will be FA's over the next few years and there is no guarantee they will remain here. 

I know you somehow think the Sox can keep making the playoffs beyond 2023 but they are barely in contention for the playoff now in a weak division and have been playing .500 for a year.. So excuse me if I think the best opportunity is to win now or in 2023.

If you're happy with .500 for the next 5+ years no skin off my nose .

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Didn’t they have a guy last year in exactly that same situation and then held onto him?

If you're talking about Story, then no. He did get the QO, so they got a comp pick for him.

Who has this regime ever acquired during the deadline that helped the team win that year? They did get Contreras in 2004, but he helped in 2005. I supposed 1 AB puts Blum in the green, but other than that.....................The last big impact trade deadline bat I remember was Charles Johnson, who was awesome for the Sox in 2000, but that was Schueler.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know you somehow think the Sox can keep making the playoffs beyond 2023 but they are barely in contention for the playoff now in a weak division and have been playing .500 for a year.. So excuse me if I think the best opportunity is to win now or in 2023.

If you're happy with .500 for the next 5+ years no skin off my nose .

Or maybe the window is closed, and they should consider a major re-tool around the players that have value to other teams? 

Trade Cueto, Abreu, Graveman, Lopez in seller moves. 

Trade Vaughn in a baseball trade

Use what's left of the farm after good prospects are made unavailable (Montgomery, Colas, Vera, Mena, etc) to add guys with team control past this year, but not necessarily big names. 

I believe the window is closed for now, but can be re-opened in 2023 if Hahn can push the right buttons. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Who has this regime ever acquired during the deadline that helped the team win that year? They did get Contreras in 2004, but he helped in 2005. I supposed 1 AB puts Blum in the green, but other than that.....................The last big impact trade deadline bat I remember was Charles Johnson, who was awesome for the Sox in 2000, but that was Schueler.

Yeah that’s what I said as well. Buehrle2wood mentioned Tepera, fair enough.

Not sure if Garcia qualifies as deadline, and peavy was interesting but not for the 09 team

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Or maybe the window is closed, and they should consider a major re-tool around the players that have value to other teams? 

Trade Cueto, Abreu, Graveman, Lopez in seller moves. 

Trade Vaughn in a baseball trade

Use what's left of the farm after good prospects are made unavailable (Montgomery, Colas, Vera, Mena, etc) to add guys with team control past this year, but not necessarily big names. 

So JR and Hahn and company admit they fucked everything up Fire TLR and retool. Ha good luck with that. I'll take my chances they can make an impact at the trade deadline and have a vastly improved LHH lineup with Wendle, Happ and Colas and the new and improved Moncada and Grandal.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Yeah that’s what I said as well. Buehrle2wood mentioned Tepera, fair enough.

Not sure if Garcia qualifies as deadline, and peavy was interesting but not for the 09 team

Tepera was good, but he meant nothing. The division was won and the 1st round knockout could have occurred without him. What they really need is a new GM.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

In the Hahn era, the best July trade was getting Frankie Montas and Avisail Garcia for Jake Peavy in 2013, though that worked out in the future.

The best "win now" July trade under 9 years of Hahn was getting Ryan Tepera for Bailey Horn. Everything else was inconsequential, with a few stinkers last year.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

So JR and Hahn and company admit they fucked everything up Fire TLR and retool. Ha good luck with that. I'll take my chances they can make an impact at the trade deadline and have a vastly improved LHH lineup with Wendle, Happ and Colas and the new and improved Moncada and Grandal.

That is literally the only way forward. 

They're not getting anyone worth a damn without giving up someone that would hurt. 

I'm a big proponent of the flags fly forever mantra, but this team ain't it, now or if minor changes happen in 2023. 

Window is closed without a major retool now and in the winter. 

What's happening now is happening now. If they don't admit they fucked up between now and next February the window is slammed shut. There's still a crack open at this point, but Hahn has to push the right buttons. 

They need an offseason like 04-05. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

CoLESwoUMAAwCR8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

44 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Tepera.

Edit: nvm see my boy has been addressed.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood