7/29 Athletics @ White Sox 7:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we want any hope of a sweep, then the offense needs to wake the fuck up and start hitting some homers.  That COL series was an absolute shit show in that regard.

Having Eloy and Robert in the same lineup for more than 30 minutes would certainly help. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Vaughn not in the lineup tonight after six days off over the past 10 days

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

I think this has more to do with TLR being a fucking idiot over anything else.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 2

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Normally I’d agree but with a roster spot opening something seems odd

I don't think its a stretch to believe at least 2-3 new guys will be brought in before Tuesday at 5pm, so yeah....likely just getting Markel off hte 40 man before having to DFA. 

Made sense to catch Grandal tonight, can actually catch Lynn's pitches and Lance doesn't give a rats ass who is behind home plate. Allows him to catch Sunday as well, assuming he can catch three times a week at this point (perhaps an incorrect assumption).

Optimal Offensive and Defensive Lineup: SS TA 3B YM # CF AJP 1B JA C YG # LF EJ DH AV RF AE 2B JH

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 3:14 PM, 35thstreetswarm said:

Posters on this board do a lot more "explaining away" good Sox wins than they do excusing bad Sox losses, actually.  Series wins against Tampa don't really count.  Dominating the Yankees in a doubleheader sweep in Yankee stadium doesn't really count.  Sweeping the Red Sox in Fenway doesn't really count because they weren't winning at the time, and so on. 

Losing to a bad team proves we're bad.  Beating a good team proves that even good teams can have bad series, don't get too excited.  So at a minimum, it all evens out. 

Lol, well said.

13 minutes ago, ScooterMcGuire said:

At least Luery isn't in the lineup. At least until Eloy gets hurt again anyway.

Actually I would prefer Engel, with Leury second choice, in RF today. Luis flew out to Charlotte to drink chicken soup, Pollock in CF and Eloy in LF.

With Grandal, Eloy and Vaughn on the roster, there is no place for Sheets. All three are far more valuable than any platoon advantage, and Sheets is the worst defensive RF option in the organization. Hahn needs to send him down or trade him.