GT 8/4: Perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist during your windup?

2 hours ago, Highland said:

So much for the easy win. Never let Vaughn play right field again. He has no clue out there. If he can't play first or DH,  sit him on the bench.

The hardest hit ball was Grandal's out in the eighth. Left the bases loaded in the first. Normal for this team.  Home run? There wasn't even a ball hit to the warning track. Otherwise, everything popped up, no line drives. Cueto deserved to win this game. No runs should have scored in the seventh. The Sox were lucky they scored at all.

Got gifted the two runs that they scored, otherwise they're shut out.  Five hits.  Four singles and a Little League triple.  Fire away at me if anyone wants, but on the sac fly mixup between Vaughn and Pollock, Vaughn was in a much better position to make the play and he's an ex-pitcher, so he can throw.  Pollock was running away from the play to make the catch and would have had to skid to a stop and reposition his body to make a right handed throw home.  I don't care that Stoney kept harping on the opposite opinion.  Pollock should have laid off and let Vaughn make the play.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Really though this should be the free-est non-Cease win of the year. There is literally NO WAY the Sox lose this game.

Where there is no will, there will always be a way.

Edited by GradMc
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

There’s seriously something wrong with both TA and Moncada. I can’t wait until Montgomery takes over at SS and Moncada is sent packing somewhere.

The only way to get rid of Moncada is to package him with TA in a trade, the sooner the better.

6 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

The only way to get rid of Moncada is to package him with TA in a trade, the sooner the better.

Then you destroy all of TA’s value.  It’s why Strasburg or Corbin ultimately didn’t go out with Soto…and there’s only 3-5 teams who could handle the financial hit, so you’d basically be surrendering all your leverage.

Then you’re going to end up Burger and Mendick?  Sosa?  Popeye Rodriguez?  
Pushing Montgomery and Colas up next year?

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We may not like the return, but both are tradable separately.  Both have shown to be productive in the past and some GM would bank on a change of scenery/coaching.  Moncada is an GG level defender at 3rd, those don’t exactly grow on trees.  TA is a former batting champ and 2 time All Star.  To suggest that the *only* way to get rid of them is to package them together is patently absurd.  I understand the frustration, that is completely valid, but the loss of objectivity here is something else. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Got gifted the two runs that they scored, otherwise they're shut out.  Five hits.  Four singles and a Little League triple.  Fire away at me if anyone wants, but on the sac fly mixup between Vaughn and Pollock, Vaughn was in a much better position to make the play and he's an ex-pitcher, so he can throw.  Pollock was running away from the play to make the catch and would have had to skid to a stop and reposition his body to make a right handed throw home.  I don't care that Stoney kept harping on the opposite opinion.  Pollock should have laid off and let Vaughn make the play.

Pollock admitted that in the morning read today.  

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

We may not like the return, but both are tradable separately.  Both have shown to be productive in the past and some GM would bank on a change of scenery/coaching.  Moncada is an GG level defender at 3rd, those don’t exactly grow on trees.  TA is a former batting champ and 2 time All Star.  To suggest that the *only* way to get rid of them is to package them together is patently absurd.  I understand the frustration, that is completely valid, but the loss of objectivity here is something else. 

He's saying Moncada has to value so you have to attach him to someone with a ton of value. TA has a ton of value. It'd be stupid to trade Anderson anyways, some mental lapses be damned