8/11- Chicago White Sox @ Kansas City Royals - 1:10 PM CDT NBCSCH

Ozzie calling out the media for asking Andrew Vaughn about what Cueto said...."what is the kid going to say?  Cueto has been in the big leagues for 30 years and this kid has been there for like a day" 

Basically saying why don't you ask the veteran leaders what is going on instead of a quiet guy like AV.  Good point I think.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ozzie would be as big a mistake as Tony. 

Agree, as much as I still like Ozzie for bringing probably the only Sox championship I'll see if my lifetime (I'm 63) the Sox need to go outside and stop hiring former players.  Bochy or Hinch were my choices, while reluctantly choosing HInch because of the scandal he still would have been 1000 x's better than TLR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Not possible 

You're right. That was hyperbole. But it's the same mistake again and again. Hoping for past glory from former employees. It's still a mistake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Ozzie would be as big a mistake as Tony. 

Couldn't be. No one can be a bigger mistake than Tony. At least with Ozzie, you might have some fun. If LaRussa stays, we will see a team with a losing record. Ozzie can be no worse than that. Right now, this team is a disgrace.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

You're right. That was hyperbole. But it's the same mistake again and again. Hoping for past glory from former employees. It's still a mistake.

Bring back Renteria and fire him again at the end of the season.  Are the Sox still paying him anyways?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Bring back Renteria and fire him again at the end of the season.  Are the Sox still paying him anyways?

Fresh blood is necessary. Fire the entire staff, especially anyone Tony hired. Let the new guy bring in a staff. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

When asked about Ceases effort wasted. Tony's making excuses again, the team was rallying. It was a team effort not just Cease, we had 13 hits.

What a buffoon.

Everything Tony says is in an effort to shirk the blame from himself.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

No, Hahn’s October 2019 extension of Ricky was through October 2021.

Still like Joe Espada on Houston. Hard to judge for or against Miguel Cairo, who did a good job in NY. Players like him here as well.

The Sox played their best game in the La Russa 2.0 Era when Tony was away in Florida, and Miguel Cairo managed the White Sox to a cone from behind victory in the Field of Dreams game.

4 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Fresh blood is necessary. Fire the entire staff, especially anyone Tony hired. Let the new guy bring in a staff. 

I read someone on twitter saying how much the players love Miguel Cairo.  I still haven't seen that guy once.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, A-Train to 35th said:

When asked about Ceases effort wasted. Tony's making excuses again, the team was rallying. It was a team effort not just Cease, we had 13 hits.

What a buffoon.

He is a buffoon. The problem is the other buffoon Reinsdorf won't do anything about this debacle of a season.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Still like Joe Espada on Houston. Hard to judge for or against Miguel Cairo, who did a good job in NY. Players like him here as well.

The Sox played their best game in the La Russa 2.0 Era when Tony was away in Florida, and Miguel Cairo managed the White Sox to a cone from behind victory in the Field of Dreams game.

I would admit to being a little disappointed if they hired Cairo as they'd be hiring someone from wtihin the organization again. 

But my biggest question would be about the process. Did the new GM actually get to conduct a search with interviews? Did they interview a large group of people, with significant diversity in experience and in style? Did they conduct second interviews? Are they serious about doing this correctly and Cairo actually had a really great plan and got along well with the new GM, or are they trying to be cheap by staying internal again and slacking off out of doing any hard work? 

I've been a fan for decades and have seen some bad White Sox baseball. But some teams were just bad. They couldn't help but be bad. At least they put in some effort and looked like a team once in a while. This team looks like it has given up. And the longer LaRussa stays, the worse it will get.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I taped that game.  I should go back to the introductions.  I did not appreciate at the time that would be the one and only time I've ever seen Miguel Cairo.

But seriously, from what I read he is more new school and LaRussa is not listening to him.  But if Cairo is at all behind this no hustling bullshit, then to hell with him as well.

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I read someone on twitter saying how much the players love Miguel Cairo.  I still haven't seen that guy once.

He’s only allowed to speak when La Russa is out of state.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/video/cairo-on-win-at-field-of-dreams?q=Miguel Cairo&cp=CMS_FIRST&qt=FREETEXT&p=0

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I would admit to being a little disappointed if they hired Cairo as they'd be hiring someone from wtihin the organization again. 

But my biggest question would be about the process. Did the new GM actually get to conduct a search with interviews? Did they interview a large group of people, with significant diversity in experience and in style? Did they conduct second interviews? Are they serious about doing this correctly and Cairo actually had a really great plan and got along well with the new GM, or are they trying to be cheap by staying internal again and slacking off out of doing any hard work? 

I’m not necessarily saying he should be the top candidate, just saying we know nothing about him or what he could do.

Honestly, I stumped here for Joe Espada in October 2020, and he would be my first choice now. Joe may end up taking the Houston managerial job in October, and no way he comes here over staying with a solid organization.

I do know my answer if Jerry presented two options to Hahn, Tony or Miguel. 

32 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Fuck this jabroni lying sack of shit. 50 more games of this asshole until he’s gone, and it can’t come any sooner.

Pepperage Farm Remembers.  

Dude that was April come on.  He has been a douche all season but this is the wrong tweet to point that out lol

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Highland said:

I've been a fan for decades and have seen some bad White Sox baseball. But some teams were just bad. They couldn't help but be bad. At least they put in some effort and looked like a team once in a while. This team looks like it has given up. And the longer LaRussa stays, the worse it will get.

This. It’s just all so bad. 

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I do know my answer if Jerry presented two options to Hahn, Tony or Miguel. 

The right answer is "I am the general manager of this baseball team. They are a billion dollar business with a revenue in the hundreds of millions of dollars per year. I am going to conduct a professional search interviewing a large number of candidates because that is my job and that is the only fitting way to handle a business like this one. If you are taking the power away from me to run this team in a professional manner then you will need to find a general manager willing to accept that restriction because I cannot as that restriction means I am no longer the general manager in anything other than name only. Either you must drop that restriction or I will tender my resignation."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

The right answer is "I am the general manager of this baseball team. They are a billion dollar business with a revenue in the hundreds of millions of dollars per year. I am going to conduct a professional search interviewing a large number of candidates because that is my job and that is the only fitting way to handle a business like this one. If you are taking the power away from me to run this team in a professional manner then you will need to find a general manager willing to accept that restriction because I cannot as that restriction means I am no longer the general manager in anything other than name only. Either you must drop that restriction or I will tender my resignation."

I've been saying this for years. Hahn can resign if he doesn't like how JR operates. Given he continues to cash his checks, I think we all know how he feels about it.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Not many people can resign without a job in hand. That could end his baseball career. Nice to suggest for other people but probably not practical. 

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

That was his speech in 2020. He choose instead to be Jerry and Tony’s lapdog at that moment and stay on the payroll.

No way he can lead an organization and have people respect him at this point. It must be earned, and between his results and actions, he hasn’t in a decade. He couldn’t even stand up to a 13 year old kid.

Gar Pax, Pace Nagy, Hahn La Russa. Need to clean house as one cannot stay without the other, and have a chance at future success.

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Not many people can resign without a job in hand. That could end his baseball career. Nice to suggest for other people but probably not practical. 

Like I've said before...what would have done more damage to his reputation around baseball - resigning (or at least interviewing for other jobs) after the owner took away what was supposed to be a fundamental and important power of the GM, or hanging out here for 2 more years while the team completely collapses under the manager he didn't want? 2 years ago I'd have hired him to be my GM if I was the owner of any number of teams. Now that all this has happened, why on Earth would I want this guy anywhere near my organization? 

If ending his baseball career is the worry, if he gets canned to save LaRussa's job this offseason, that will be the exact end result of his toadying.