08/17: Astros at Sox. 7:10, NBCSN

Buehrle>Wood

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Tony didn't believe or realize there was a problem, yet called a meeting about it, even though he didn't agree with it. Also Chicago media didn't see fit to apparently ask any of the obvious follow up questions  that this statement should have generated. 

What the actual fuck.

My dad is TLRs age and its scary how much hes lost it. I think its plausible that TLR honestly didnt think there was a problem

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

So Tony didn't believe or realize there was a problem, yet called a meeting about it, even though he didn't agree with it. Also Chicago media didn't see fit to apparently ask any of the obvious follow up questions  that this statement should have generated. 

What the actual fuck.

The Chicago media is absolutely spineless. Cowley is the only one that will challenge Jerry. Everybody always says how ruthless the NY media is. I'm assuming there's truth to it, but I haven't paid attention to it much having never lived there. I wonder if TLR would be getting shredded if he was in NYC.

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Even after Cueto's statement he said there wasn't a problem.

What did he say specifically? I didn't see it. But I don't think we should take what a manager says to the media at face value all the time. Only reason this meeting is now public is because Liam mentioned it in an interview.

The meeting took place before the Detroit series when the Sox got back to Chicago from KC.

7 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

What did he say specifically? I didn't see it. But I don't think we should take what a manager says to the media at face value all the time. Only reason this meeting is now public is because Liam mentioned it in an interview.

The meeting took place before the Detroit series when the Sox got back to Chicago from KC.

It's all in the Fire Tony thread as well as all over Twitter.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

I don't see the reason a manager would tell the media that his clubhouse has a problem. Seems like something to handle internally, which it was.

And the media didn't seem to care that we all got lied to. Great work as always there by our local sports media.

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

And the media didn't seem to care that we all got lied to. Great work as always there by our local sports media.

Agree on that. They seem to never push the envelope or ask tough questions.

I just went and checked out the quote from TLR. Seems like his surprise was that Cueto said something like that publicly. Seemed to be hinting that all of that stuff stays in the clubhouse and shouldn't be discussed with the press. I don't think he was surprised by the comment itself, just the fact that it was being said publicly by a player. Other reports indicate he knew there was a problem in the clubhouse and was planning a meeting with the "veteran group" even before this Cueto comment.

But who knows? Tony is nearly 80 so he's not exactly at his sharpest when talking.

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

You know that looks like a lot of work and production and might be a shell in the morning of what you went to sleep next to -- but I'm willing to take on any burden if Altuve is occupied.

That's her blowing him kisses after he hit the HR against the Sox but yeah gotta doll up and wear a skimpy tight top if you want to catch his eye if she doesn't already know him.

5 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

That's her blowing him kisses after he hit the HR against the Sox but yeah gotta doll up and wear a skimpy tight top if you want to catch his eye if she doesn't already know him.

Dress like a trash can, it will turn him on more

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1

38 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Agree on that. They seem to never push the envelope or ask tough questions.

I just went and checked out the quote from TLR. Seems like his surprise was that Cueto said something like that publicly. Seemed to be hinting that all of that stuff stays in the clubhouse and shouldn't be discussed with the press. I don't think he was surprised by the comment itself, just the fact that it was being said publicly by a player. Other reports indicate he knew there was a problem in the clubhouse and was planning a meeting with the "veteran group" even before this Cueto comment.

But who knows? Tony is nearly 80 so he's not exactly at his sharpest when talking.

Cueto broke one of TLR’s unwritten rules, but he  is a respected veteran and more valuable than Yermin and won’t be thrown under the bus.

21 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

You know that looks like a lot of work and production and might be a shell in the morning of what you went to sleep next to -- but I'm willing to take on any burden if Altuve is occupied.

You will have to compete with Yoan as well.  I am sure he is in play on this as well.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Wonder how many women in the country have an Altuve or Moncada top like that?

Looks almost homemade or home-designed.

Probably back in the 90s nearly the entire team would have assumed she was a groupie trying to hook up.

Now it's just as likely she was simply attempting to go viral/aka break the net, lol.