8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Exactly the same amount pretty much nobody is excited about spending on AJ Pollock.  Or $13 million if he hits his PA incentives correctly.

Exactly my point.  Already too much dead money on the roster to add yet another $12 million on top of that for a #5 starter.  Lucas is a #5 starter.

Elon Musk could buy the Sox and put them in a posh stadium downtown out of petty cash.

300 million dollar payrolls to bring in top tier free  agents.

if the Sox are worth 1.7 billion now, they'd be worth 4 or 5 billion in a few years. Think of the global players who would want a piece of the action.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not really, he was cheap and had a lot of team control at that point. 

He is now back to being one of the worst performances in baseball again but lacking 94-98 mph stuff.

Change just doesn't work as well off 91-93 as it does mid to high 90s with 12-15 mph differential.

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Nobody is going to give the Sox anything of significance for him at this point. Just have to hope he turns it around next year.

Pure salary dump for me.  Same with a potential Yoan trade.  Go and use that money elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

It's not really that crazy an ideas when considering his arbitration # is probably coming in at $12 million based on scale.

Maybe $12 million are better used elsewhere since the team all of a sudden is flooded with holes.

Hahn will put it towards more utility players and relievers.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

5 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Not to trade him in the offseason at his lowest value given that next year is a contract year and he will be really motivated to bounce back.

If there's one thing Lucas doesn't lack, it's motivation.  He's trying very hard out there.

He just doesn't have the FB velocity to trick people with his change up anymore.  And his lack of a dominant breaking pitch is why he's regressed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

At least JR had these last three games to make some decent profits.

Will be quite fortunate to get a $165-170 million payroll next year.

Fans are not going to stand for running things back out there with LaRussa again.

Seems almost sado masochistic.

I have no idea where or how they're going to cut payroll. 

It would start with trading some of their expensive relievers and letting Gio and Abreu walk.

They should treat Grandal as the backup catcher next year. Maybe they get a bit of a bounce back when he's only playing 75 games.  

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Nobody is going to give the Sox anything of significance for him at this point. Just have to hope he turns it around next year.

Sure hope as others have mentioned they aren't paying him $12 million next season.  I get what you're saying about being motivated because he is in a contract year, but I feel like he is highly motivated right now and that isn't helping.  He just hasn't been the same pitcher since the sticky stuff ban, so it seems unlikely he is returning to anything that resembles how he was before.