8/18 Finale vs. Astros (Giolito v. Garcia RHP) 1:10 PM

bmags

• bmags pinned this topic
7 minutes ago, bmags said:

Headed to this game today.

I predict a win, and that the white sox score a run in the first three innings for the first time since 2017.

I hope you are right.  The odds aren't exactly with you but that's what being a fan is about.  You need to believe.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Will Robert start today since he pinch ran last night?

Doubt it.

Giolito would be fourth from the bottom in qualified MLB ERA leaders…he’s right around the cutoff for IP.

Berrios is by far the worst, Marquez, Keller/KC, Giolito, Manaea, Kyle Freeland. 

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Currently 2 games out of the division lead and 2 games out of the last wild card.....and yes I hate myself a little bit for following that in the middle of August.

We should have been in first place with a more competent manager..  the many punted games and Sunday lineups have come back to haunt us.  We have also wasted many well pitched games with the spotty Groundball city station to station ball with no change or adjustment.  Still we are only 2 out and with our excellent pitching lately and some improved clutch hitting,, we are well positioned to fight for the division and/or wild card.  We cannot afford to punt any more games, and need to play every game like a playoff game, and not pull anything back.  Go for a win today win a sense of urgency and we will worry about tomorrow tomorrow.

• Love 1
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

I read where La Russa said Luis Robert was sore after swinging a bat yesterday and received an injection to deal with inflammation . wondering just what exactly is wrong with him.

Abreu sucked up all the play through pain air in the clubhouse. 

2 hours ago, White Sox Park said:

I read where La Russa said Luis Robert was sore after swinging a bat yesterday and received an injection to deal with inflammation . wondering just what exactly is wrong with him.

Hope he doesn’t have a fracture or ligament tear…