White Sox vs. Guardians 8/20 5:10pm CDT (Cueto vs. Bieber)

Greg Hibbard

31 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Love winning but can we please win by scoring some runs?

We have opportunities to score seems like every game with men at 3rd and less than two outs or with the bases loaded, but we leave these runs on the table, and we then need perfect pitching to win.

11 runs in the last four games by this team.

61st time this year (now out of 121 games) they have scored three runs or less.

That's just really bad.

And regarding Grandal, as bad of injuries as he's had the past few years and his age, he may be forced to retire. If the Sox have injury insurance that could help pay for the money he's owed and give the team more financial room. 

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm just saying nothing to get the 500th reply in the thread.

Edit: well shit @hankchifan barely beat me to it. So 501

Sorry man, didn’t read your msg on time.  I get agitated during these close games, and have an over active IPad.  I use Soxtalk to vent my frustrations with this team.  I have been a Sox fan since 1960 and I think this has been one of the most Frustrating seasons, unnecessarily starting with unforced errors of bringing back TLR, and Hahn doing nothing to improve the team.

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's just really bad.

And regarding Grandal, as bad of injuries as he's had the past few years and his age, he may be forced to retire. If the Sox have injury insurance that could help pay for the money he's owed and give the team more financial room. 

On the positive side their record is pretty damn good in games in which the final score involves one team scoring 5 or less runs while the other team also scores 4 or less runs. I think they have something like 35 wins and 20 losses in those types of games.

5 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Sorry man, didn’t read your msg on time.  I get agitated during these close games, and have an over active IPad.  I use Soxtalk to vent my frustrations with this team.  I have been a Sox fan since 1960 and I think this has been one of the most Frustrating seasons, unnecessarily starting with unforced errors of bringing back TLR, and Hahn doing nothing to improve the team.

LOL no problem. I tried to do it as fast as I could once i saw the replies were at 499 knowing full well someone might beat me to it.

20 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

That's just really bad.

Imagine if the injury had happened to the Grandal who was carrying last year's team at this point of the season.  That guy was irreplaceable.