Sox should appoint interim manager

sin city sox fan

And this interim manager should be Ozzie Guillen.  As the only manager to win a world series on the south side in most of our lifetimes, let's see if he can create similar magic or if this team needs to be blown up.  Tony may be done forever and it's not too soon to start thing about the future.  Br>ng back the greatest manager ever and let's win a ring in Tony's honor.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

And this interim manager should be Ozzie Guillen.  As the only manager to win a world series on the south side in most of our lifetimes, let's see if he can create similar magic or if this team needs to be blown up.  Tony may be done forever and it's not too soon to start thing about the future.  Br>ng back the greatest manager ever and let's win a ring in Tony's honor.

They already did appoint someone...his name is Miguel Cairo.

Regarding Ozzie, while I appreciate what he did for the franchise and the candor he shows it's hard to overlook things as to how he decided to leave:

September 26, 2011 – He was considered the face of the franchise for eight seasons but on this night after a 4-3 win over Toronto, manager Ozzie Guillen announced he was leaving after owner Jerry Reinsdorf agreed to let him out of the final year of his contract. 

Guillen, who was the 1985 A.L. Rookie of the Year with the White Sox, won the World Series in 2005 and also got the club into the playoffs in 2008. He had five winning seasons in the eight years as manager and was named Manager of the Year for his work in 2005. 

In that magical season of 2005, “Ozzieball” resulted in the Sox getting off to the best start in their history and with a perfect blend of pitching, speed, power and the ability to execute the fundamentals the Sox were in first place from wire to wire. Then they blitzed through the post season putting together an 11-1 record that was the third best post season record in baseball history. 

Guillen’s passion and enthusiasm for the franchise was unparalleled but at times he was his own worst enemy.  

Over his final years in Chicago, he became increasingly thin-skinned and defensive when criticism was directed his way and he lashed out at Sox fans on more than one occasion. Among his famous rants against the fans were one where he said that they could ‘‘Turn off their TVs and stop watching the game if they don’t like the [bleep]ing lineup’’ and another in May 2011 where he claimed Sox fans would not remember him “As soon as you leave the ballpark, they don’t care about you. They don’t. The monuments, the statues…they pee on them when they get drunk.” On the afternoon of the day he left the team Guillen told reporters that he would not want to return to fulfill his 2012 contract unless he got an extension and more money.

Ozzie’s relationship with G.M. Kenny Williams also deteriorated over the final few years because the two men appeared to have different viewpoints over how the roster should be constructed and the style to which the Sox should play. The Jim Thome/DH controversy was an example of the different ideas.  Guillen’s family didn’t help the situation with social media comments derogatory to Williams

Many felt when Ozzie was hired in November 2003 that he was the right man for the right team at the right time and for a few years he was. Unfortunately, the manager with the longest tenure since Al Lopez let some personal foibles override a good situation and it was best for all that a parting of the ways took place.

5 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

We need to look outside the current regime to light the fire under this team.  And just as Jerry realized he made a mistake firing Tony, I'm sure he realizes he made a mistake not giving Ozzie a lifetime contract.  Now is the time to rectify that before it's too late.

Ozzie is not going to save this team and organization. It’s someone that doesn’t have ties to the organization. However, JR has different priorities and will not hire someone from outside the organization so the only way things will change is if he sells the team and to whom.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

Ozzie will save this team and the organization if given the opportunity.  I dont think its arguable that if he had stayed our manager all these years, the White Sox would have at least 8-10 more World Series titles.  And this team has more talent than most teams we fielded in the last 15 years.  It's time to realize it.

• Haha 1
  • Hawk 1

56 minutes ago, sin city sox fan said:

Ozzie will save this team and the organization if given the opportunity.  I dont think its arguable that if he had stayed our manager all these years, the White Sox would have at least 8-10 more World Series titles.  And this team has more talent than most teams we fielded in the last 15 years.  It's time to realize it.

I'm assuming you are either being sarcastic or are an adolescent trying to get a laugh out of people. 

1 hour ago, sin city sox fan said:

Grate idea. 

49 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep, what a shitshow.  Probably the worst possible thing that could happen.

I mean, did you seriously expect him to be gone for good? That is wishful thinking. LaRussa is here for probably as long as he wants to be. 

3 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

I'd rather have diarrhea 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, sin city sox fan said:

You lost me at "Ozzie will".

The rest is just silly.

12 hours ago, T R U said:

I mean, did you seriously expect him to be gone for good? That is wishful thinking. LaRussa is here for probably as long as he wants to be. 

Actually I do think it could be for good! Maybe it is wishing thinking, however maybe it could be for medical reasons.

What we don't know yet is how serious his health condition is. I am sure they are doing extensive medical tests on him. The fact is if some of the tests for example reveal some heart issues such as blockage or narrowing of the arteries, that involves some surgical procedures, there is no way in hell he comes back to manage this season or in the future at his age.