2023 Celebrity Death Thread

knightni

At my age, i'm used to seeing names of people that are familiar pass away to somewhere, if indeed anywhere, but this one hurts . I lived in Key West for over 10 years, back in the 70' & 80's . since I worked on a commercial longline boat, we saw Jimmy's sailboat often tied up, not far from us, over at the navy base, where they used to let us dock . we saw him often when he was home, and I was at a party at his house once, and once just sitting having drinks at the Pier House, he walked in with his guitar, went up on stage and played a bit . no one knew he was coming and it was amazing . I loved all of his songs . he brought more to people than can be imagined, was an amazing musician, and person, and will be missed by many, including me.

• Thanks 2
  • Love 2

On 9/2/2023 at 11:18 AM, White Sox Park said:

At my age, i'm used to seeing names of people that are familiar pass away to somewhere, if indeed anywhere, but this one hurts . I lived in Key West for over 10 years, back in the 70' & 80's . since I worked on a commercial longline boat, we saw Jimmy's sailboat often tied up, not far from us, over at the navy base, where they used to let us dock . we saw him often when he was home, and I was at a party at his house once, and once just sitting having drinks at the Pier House, he walked in with his guitar, went up on stage and played a bit . no one knew he was coming and it was amazing . I loved all of his songs . he brought more to people than can be imagined, was an amazing musician, and person, and will be missed by many, including me.

He was a great guy. He would bring his albatross to the airshow in Osh Kosh, hang out and let people make margaritas for themselves in the plane. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...